Who's wrong, them or me?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gmaof1, Sep 13, 2003.

1. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I disputed with OC. Never heard from them. Then on to the CA (before finding this board!). Time was up for the CA and I had heard nothing. The same day I sent out the estoppel letter to the CA, I get something in the mail from them. It was 13 days after their time was up, and for validation, they sent me copies of a phone bill that it appears they printed off. Nothing more. (Did you guess it's for a old phone bill?) They did not send it CRRR.
    I'm not sure where to go now. They will get the estoppel letter probably Tuesday.
    I think I have learned that what they believe they have sent me is validation, however it is not. They sent me nothing more than a copy of a phone bill - along with a letter asking me to "remit in full immediately so we may update your national credit file"
    Do I just continue on like I never got anything from them or do I respond again telling them that is not validation they sent me?
    Also, I pulled my reports yesterday and there is nothing on them that lists "in dispute" They look the same as they did before I sent any letters.
    Who's wrong, them or me?
    Everytime I think I've got some issue straight, it doesn't turn out the way it should.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Ignore what they sent and keep the process on track.
    They do this to derail it.
    Don't let them!
    Here's $2000 for you.
    How much is the phone bill?

3. lbrown59

4. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I want to make sure I've got this. Wait for the time limit specified in the estoppel letter or just sue?

5. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I want to make sure I've got this. Wait for the time limit specified in the estoppel letter or just sue?
    Where do I look to see if I can sue in my state? They are in California and I am in Missouri.

6. lbrown59

Re: Re: Who's wrong, them or me?

Wait for the time limit then send ITS before sueing.Sue in your countys small claimes court.How much is the phone bill they're dunning you for?

7. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Who's wrong, them or me?

The phone bill is $283.00.

8. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Who's wrong, them or me?

Good it's less than what they owe you.
    Make them eat the debt.