Why are u people here?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by paul, Oct 17, 2000.

1. paul

paul Guest

There are a lot of phoney people on this board like those who state they are tired of the citi bank posts.If all these people had such great credit they wouldn't even be on this board.This is not an investment board,a chat room it is a board for people interested in credit issues which means most people here are looking for help not smart ass remarks from jerks who think they own this boared for their own use.If you are so rich that credit is not an issue in your life then why are you here?

2. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

Paul, I can only speak for myself. I'm here because it's boards like this that have helped me to clean up my credit. As we all know clean credit is not the same thing as AAA credit as you have to work it. I'm not pointing fingers, just giving my 2 cents from what I have seen happen too many times in the last 5 years. To each his own...

3. justme

justme Guest

geez...why are YOU here? Oh, it must be because this is your own personal board and you have the power to determine for whom it's appropriate and for whom it's not.

Personally, I feel this board is for anyone who needs to express an opinion. I personally enjoy reading the comments of others in an effort to educate myself about credit. Yes, I don't have the problems others have, but I read these messages to learn what the danger signs of over extending myself are and what kind of credit offers others are getting. Last I checked, the URL was NOT peoplewithbadcredit.com or icantgetacreditcard.com or formembersonly.com. So do us all a favor and quit trying to police this board. We're all here to learn - even those of us with good credit (gasp)...

4. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Why are u here??

Why are you here?

I have been reading this board for A LONG TIME. I have given my share of input when I feel I can contribute something of value (as little as I post). I am tired though of people talking about Citibank. This isn't board.citibank.com is it? or board.paul.com...

This isn't your own public forum to criticize others opinions. Your name-calling in a previous message shows why you do not deserve the cards you got (assuming you got them). Credit isn't a game, its a responsibility. I have learned my lessons a LONG TIME AGO, I think some other people need to learn them the hard way. If this Citibank helps them learn then its their credit that gets ruined even more. Why does a person with damaged credit need two cards that total 18k (or more) with 20% apr to charge up. Why would someone who just filed BK 1-2 years ago need a HIGH-LIMIT card? It means they didn't learn their lessons before, so time repeats itself once more.

Paul, take this message any way you want. I feel that this topic (CITIBANK) has dissolved into a shouting match of who has the bigger wallet, mouth, or ego..

Russ

5. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

Something you might want to kn

CitiGroup Charges off over $100 million dollars a month in consumer paper (debt). What this means is that Citibank has over 100 million dollars a month in defaulted consumer loans that it sells off to collection companies for pennies on the dollar. That's a whole lot of people getting into trouble wouldn't you say?

6. mba in Pit

mba in Pit Guest

RE: Something you might want t

Citigroup appears to have its own "collection agency" as you put it that acquires old stale debt and tries to collecton it.

7. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: Why are u here??

I doubt anyone with that recent of a bankruptcy was approved. Stop blowing this out of proportion. Many speculated that there was a computer glitch, others that CitiBank turned sub-prime. Interest rates were often mentioned with the latter. Look at issuers like FirstUSA, AMEX, etc. These are prime issuers in every sense, and many of their cards that offer rewards of some sort have high interest rates. That comes with the territory. It is uncommon, though, for these issuers, including CitiBank, to issuer a standard card with 19+% interest. That is ONE way to spot a sub-prime issuer.

Although they offer a secured card, CitiBank is definitely not a subprime issuer. Period.

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Personally, I've met my credit goals. While I've never had as much as an iota of bad credit, I went through hell trying to establish credit--mainly because of my age. I received my first credit card after retirement.

Because of what I went through and because of a post-retirement job I held in the office of a local TransUnion affiliate, I've had a great interest in credit issues and the problems people encounter in building and rebuilding credit. As a result, I spend lots of my spare time studying credit issues and helping my daughter, friends, and neighbors solve credit problems.

My best source of good practical information is this board. So many people here share the most valuable information in existence--EXPERIENCE. I must say that I've become truly endeared with so many of those who post here, and I keep my fingers crossed for them. I'll probably jump for joy WHEN (not if) I receive the news that Momof3 has reached her credit goals and becomes the owner of her dream home.

While a few of the people who post here have become annoyed with the posts regarding Citibank, we have to keep in mind that those posts have helped a great number of the people here reach some of their more difficult goals. If I'm not mistaken, that is the purpose of this board. Annoying or not, it's included the sharing of very useful information. That's a good thing!

Although there is a great chance that some of the people who have received a Citibank card have gotten in over their heads, most have followed good, solid advice found on this board and have worked very hard over time to correct past mistakes. These people have learned the hard way the value of good credit, and I have no doubt they will do everything in their power to protect it.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you so much.

Finally a mature response

10. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Thank you so much.

Yes, _thank you_, Doris. I found this board last year when I was trying to clean up my credit after divorce had essentially devastated it. The advice here has nearly always been good. While I have occasionally been led into some blind alleys (x.com, Cross Country Bank-:p I did _NOT_ go for that card BTW), in general, the posts have helped me put what appeared at first to be an overwhelming financial situation into its proper perspective.

And FYI, I am also attempting to get a mortgage. In my particular case, I want to be added to the existing mortgage that my husband is holding, when he refinances (in a couple of years). However, I do NOT want to do this until my credit is spotless, in order that we might get the best rate. Anybody else done this?

Cheers,
    Cindy

11. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Was: Thank you so much, now Qu

Heh. This board is great. My mortgage questions were effectively answered in another thread, titled (oddly enough) "Mortgage" or some such.

Cheers,
    Cindy