Why B negative?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 13, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have a question. Why such negativity concerning the citibank card? Had I known that people would say that theirs a glitch in the system for giving me my card, I would have never extended the information. Those of you who didnot get instant approval are bitter. I hope you get it in the mail. But all this negative talk will have my new cards just as subprime of providian. I am really tired of people taking the wind out of my sail. I definitely not telling you how to apply for the Chase card that I got now.

2. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Roni, you don't have to be upset about this.
    Probably people are surprised about your
    approval, but they don't see that this
    could be a new policy from citibank. My guess
    is they are trying to expand their market.

And the fact that people think it's too
    good to be true doesn't make your card
    subprime.

I got my Citibank Platinum Select with only
    about 8 months of credit history, and I was
    surprised that I have been approved. And
    it's still my best card in terms of APR and
    platinum benefits...

Bottom line is: don't stop sharing information. I'm sure there are some folks
    there that could use it...

Cheers

Sorin

3. Bart

Bart Guest

I was declined but I am not bitter. I am hopeful I still may receive a card. Congrats on yours I am happy for you. If I dont get it I will try try again.

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Why are you taking this personally? The majority of us are happy for you. And I'm sure no one meant to insult you. Be happy for yourself!

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

I just wanted to also thank you for your wonderful information Roni. I was approved for the Citibank card after you posted the information on the message board.

Please keep the great information coming!!

Elizabeth

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Roni,

I would also like to thank you for the information on Citibank. I am currently waiting to hear about approval. Even if I don't get the card, at least I tried!!

It's stories like yours, and the other fine folks on this board, that give me continued hope that someday I will have my credit back on track.

Cheers and prosperity to you,
    Cindy

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I needed that.

It's not that I took it personal. It its just that I posted for everyone to apply on sept 21. It is now oct 13 and people are still asking about the card. That is 3 weeks. I am glad that others are posting that they were approved or at least happy about this. I see it as citibank for whatever reason have provided an avenue for all of us to get back on track. Getting a prime card with negatives on your report seemed almost impossible 3 weeks and 1 day ago. LOL. Good Luck all. I hope those who were turned down will try in a few months. Peace!

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

RE: I needed that.

You keep those posts coming, girl! The information is invaluable.