Why Credinet is still the best

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Steven Z, Apr 7, 2000.

1. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Just recently another Credit Board (Bayhouse.com) instituted much more restrictive changes.

4/2/2000:

ANONYMOUS posting is now disabled everywhere except in the "Registration Problems/Anonymous" section.

USER REGISTRATION now requires a valid E-mail account. The password will be E-mailed.

This board has always been the subject of far more censorship to what we are used to here, and while certainly within the rights of the site's owner Christine Baker it left many uneasy and/or unwilling to participate, our own Barry N put it very succinctly went he departed that board.

While I will admit to a certain affinity with Christine's philosophies (concerning banks, the congress, CRA'a and the validity of credit scoring) censorship is something totally unacceptable to me.

Just within the past week she has decided to kick off the site's main contributor (Sean), now I can honestly say I don't agree with many of Sean's beliefs and 'laissez-faire' market is always right philosophy, he has a right to be heard though obviously not on Bayhouse any longer.

Naturally there has been a significant drop off in the amount of postings I wonder is Christine had bargained for this.

Christine will probably justify these restrictions on the fear such individuals as Bobby present. Sorry I don't concur, as people here very well know, Bobby is a constant lier, whose all talk no action. No claim or promise of his has ever been kept, no statement of his has ever come about or been true. This imbecile is truly one of the stupidiest individuals ever seen on this or any other credit site and a simple matter of banning his ISP would have taken care of him as he has demonstrated no ability whatsoever to hide his identity or change is address.

I feel i.p. logging has been very successful and well received on this site and has almost entirely cut down on the viscious anonymous personal attacks, sure anybody can 'attempt' to post as myself or anybody else, but it will be obvious that this fraud is posting under a completely different i.p. and thus will be ignored. It would have been a simple matter for Bayhouse to have followed suit rather than to take such radical steps.

2. Christine

Christine Guest

RE: Why Credinet is still the

Yeah, those IP numbers are just extremely successful! I just absolutely loved the posting HERE yesterday:

"Postings: Subject: Christine Baker
    Author: Credit Ranger (user-2initd9.dialup.mindspring.com)
    Date: 04-05-2000 23:37

Christine Baker i need you to cum back and pickup your panties they are starting to smell.

Credit Ranger"

Absolutely wonderful!

It figures that people having to change their phone number because of his calls doesn't count as anything. You lamers just say oh, he'll go elsewhere ....

I just stopped by here to do a test posting so I'd be able to see what timezone this boards operates under. I don't put up with this crap.

So this gives me the opportunity to repeat what I posted at my forum before:

I much rather have only 5 posting in the entire month, and answer them well, than having 20 or 30 morons post every day.

A lot of people think bigger is better, quantity over quality. I disagree.

BTW, I don't get paid by the posting. I don't get paid at all. Duh!

The only reason I keep my forum open at all is because I DO have an agenda.

Well, you all have fun here, with "Robert" and the likes .... Enjoy!

Christine Baker

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Yeah, those IP numbers are just extremely successful! I just absolutely loved the posting HERE yesterday:

"Postings: Subject: Christine Baker
    Author: Credit Ranger (user-2initd9.dialup.mindspring.com)
    Date: 04-05-2000 23:37

Christine Baker i need you to cum back and pickup your panties they are starting to smell.

Credit Ranger"

Absolutely wonderful!

I believe that only a handful of persons believed it was Credit Ranger, surpringly Kristy Welsh was one of them, I sure didn't, neither did any other regular.

It figures that people having to change their phone number because of his calls doesn't count as anything.

I was not aware you were receiving harassing phone calls. Your phone company and local police (does it HAVE to be the FBI?) will take action on this as they have very strict guidelines in place.

You lamers just say oh, he'll go elsewhere ....

Doubtful, as he is an attention hog, though he certainly is aware what he will receive on this board and that is more abuse than he can handle.

So this gives me the opportunity to repeat what I posted at my forum before:

I much rather have only 5 posting in the entire month, and answer them well, than having 20 or 30 morons post every day.

Really? Was Sean one of these "morons" I felt he was your site's best contributer.

Let me quote something else you previously posted on your forum:

"I know that I have many options including disabling ANONYMOUS posting and requiring E-mail verification, but I really wanted this forum to be a place where people with financial problems don't have to worry about
    being identified by their friends and neighbors."

So because of 1 individual you will turn your back on and remove the right for individuals to expect privacy on your site.

A lot of people think bigger is better, quantity over quality. I disagree.

The volume of posts on this site is so great usually more than the rest combined that quality is there. Moreso since the board changeover and the departure of most of the flamers.

BTW, I don't get paid by the posting. ....

Are you implying Credinet does?

4. Christine

Christine Guest

Sorry, no time, things to do, places to go.

Just for the record: it wasn't ME who had to change her home phone number. He doesn't have MY work adress and he isn't just a few miles away from MY work.

It doesn't matter WHO it is, what matters is that nobody gives a damn.

You'd have known that it wasn't me, if you had read the publicly posted inquiry with the FBI. DUH!

You also missed that the posters can STILL maintain their privacy, their real name and E-mail address on the posts and in the profile is optional. DUH!

Are you legally blind or something?

Are all your postings filled with lies, incorrect assumptions and omissions?

Well, I could go on and on, but I REALLY got things to do.

I very much appreciate that creditnet.com provides this place for people like you.

Christine Baker