Why I wont use lendingtree.com

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lanoro, Aug 29, 2000.

1. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

I applied for credit cards through Lending Tree only to find:
    1. You can only except one credit card offer once the offers are made to you.
    2. Lending Tree runs your credit and then so do all the banks who are interested in the report from Lending Tree. Maybe I should have read the fine e-print first.

2. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Why I wont use lendingtree

Good reasons! Lending Tree is especially good if you want a lot of negative inquiries on your credit reports.

According to what I've read, most Lending Tree applicants get only offers from the same old crap that you can apply for at almost any credit site. This includes the Future Card, Aspire, and Net 1st.

I'm sure there are probably better offers for those with immaculate credit, but I've not heard of anything. Lending Tree simply isn't for people who are building or rebuilding credit. Anyone wishing for a Future Card, Aspire card, or a Net 1st card can just as easily go to those websites to apply. If nothing else, it will save them the inquiry that Lending Tree makes.

3. me

me Well-Known Member

I tried lending tree about eight months ago, the only offers I received were all subprime.

I was not impressed especially considering I have no negative marks on my credit report. (not even a single 30 day late)

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Lending Tree is nothing but a scam. I wrote to them and complained about them pulling a inquiry before sending the app off to their 'partners'. They said it was so they could "submit your application to the lenders appropriate for your circumstances." Well, in fact they just submit your info to all of their partners and then you are left to play guessing games about which is the best offer to take. Most of their partners are sub-prime lenders anyhow. If you have decent credit, you should just apply directly to the lender of your choice anyhow.

Lending Tree is virtually useless. There is no added value unless you are a complete lazy blob. You just wind up with an extra inquiry on your credit history for nothing.