Why MBNA?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 25, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Many of the posts that I read are people that dont like mbna, or had a bad experience, or say that they will never get a card.

I would just like to give you all some information that maybe would change your minds.

Im doing this because mbna is a product that is like no other and when your a customer with the bank, you are treated with top quality.

MBNA was the first credit card bank ever.

From when they have started untill now, they have been the most profitable independent credit card issuer.

They have a 25% return on investment every year. (so they must be doing something right)

They are the only company that has NEVER laid off an employee

They are voted number one for customer satisfaction by JD power associates and Fortune 500(which comes in handy when you have a problem with an account and needs it to be resolved)

MBNA is a unique company that offers products. Not just credit cards.

When you get MBNA you get a packaged deal!

MBNA has employees that "think of themselves as a customer"

MBNA was the first bank to have customer services.

MBNA doesnt advertise they rely soly on word of mouth. (they have 88.8 billion outstanding loans~money that is loaned out just by word or mouth)

Your business is there business, and so if you treat them as though they were your best friend, they will treat you the same in return.

Questions?

Psugirl

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

No question, I have two platinum plus visas with MBNA. Both 12.99% purchase or cash. Great online service. Send out 4.9% checks quite frequently. Would recommend them a 5 star, highest rating.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I have to agree that MBNA is one of the best banks that I have done business with. I've never had a problem with them in the last two years and they never raised my interest rate during this time. They promptly responded to all of my inquiries and sent me whatever information that I requested in writing. They have also been very generous with my credit limit increases, all of which have been automatic. I recently upgraded to Quantum and the customer service has been great!!!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Even I have an MBNA account! Go Figure!!

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I have an MBNA Platinum Plus account. It's been good so far, no complaints, although I could use a lower APR (14.9 right now). However, the affiliate program for which I got the card (CellularOne rewards) is canceled and I'm wondering if it's possible to switch the account to a different program. Plus the card I have right now is UGLY. So, does any of you know if this is possible? Thanks

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They have hundreds of cards...

<http://www.mbna.com/credit_index.html>

MBNA offers credit card products that are designed to meet your
    financial needs while reflecting your personal interest. Whether
    you're interested in a card from your college or university, your
    favorite sports team, your professional organization, or a cause
    you support, MBNA has a program that's right for you.

7. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I know they have many different programs. My question is if it's possible to switch from one program to another.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EASY SWITCH YES...GIVE ACCOUNT NUMBER ADDRESS ETC... TELL YOU WANT TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT NO CREDIT REPORT IS PULLED...THEY TRANSFER ALL BALANCES TO NEW CARD (AT THEIR CURRENT RATE) NEW CHARGES ARE AT THE NEW CARD RATES...

You will get the new card in about 10 days...any charges will go on the "new" account.

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

How long have you had your account opened?

Contact retention dept and request a lower apr, they might or might not give it to you depending on your account standing.

I also would call and find out if you can convert your card to something else since you are not benifiting from it anylonger.

You wont know until you ask the source

psugirl

10. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good company. Do they offer a sub-prime card for people who are rebuilding. If so, what is it called and does anyone have a link? Thanks

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

MBNA is one of my favorites. I have a $14,400 line at 9.9% APR. They offer the most teaser rate offers.

www.creditsense.com