Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kawanza, Oct 23, 2000.

1. kawanza

kawanza Guest

why wisconsin residents can't get net 1st credit card.
  2. R

R Guest

We also can't get any cards from Providian, Orchard Bank, First Union, etc.

My best guess is that we have rules that are more strict than other states, i.e.- the married credit/property disclosure you see on all applications.

Try First Consumers National Bank (http://www.fcnb.com) -- They are a good company to work with!

Good luck,
  3. r--differe

r--differe Guest

RE: wisconsin--Orchard Bank

WI residents can get an Orchard Bank Card. I have one!

As far as the other ones, WI has very strict consumer credit laws. We have a great Attorney General in Jim Doyle. It's frustrating at times but in the long run, it protects us.
  4. R

R Guest

Hmm....I wonder why on their website they say you can't? I was wondering if I was looking at the wrong thing because I also know someone who has a Orchard Gold card, but thought maybe they just didn't offer the secured card here.

I will give them a call to find out. Have you been happy with yours? -r
  5. R

R Guest

OK, so I'm replying to myself, BUT....I just called Orchard Bank and they offer regular cards here, just no secured ones.

Hope this helps!
  6. PG

PG Guest

I have one as well, except it appears they no longer grant new credit to WI residents anymore.
  7. R

R Guest

I was told by their C.S. rep that they do still offer *unsecured* cards here.

They're sending me an app. Maybe I'll try it. Still can't apply online though, and they don't take phone apps.

8. r

r Guest

Actually they do offer a secured card although mine isn't. Maybe that's where WI comes in--there are different regulations in effect for secured cards than for unsecured. Maybe they can't offer secured here.

I've been happy with mine--customer service is excellent-I started out with a low limit but am hoping to get a nice increase soon. I pay my balance in full each month.