Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Even though I told myself repeatedly NO NEW INQUIRIES, I couldn't resist sending my preapproval Amex green application, it may be a shot in the dark but if I can get in the door then it may be worth the inquiry.

I know preapprovals don't mean "jack" these days, but this one looked good, just asked for signature and ss# and phone number and how I wanted my name to appear. Crossing fingers on this one, but this will be last thing I apply for til mortgage, but hey they tempted me and I took it.

Mom:)

2. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: I wish you luck

Lots of it.

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

good luck :)

They didn't ask for annual income? That's surprising! Maybe this preapproval is a real "preapproval".

chet

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Mom!!

Hugs!!!

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Lots of luck, Mom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Donna

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks ALL. And no Chet they never asked for income, i thought that was kinda strange myself??

7. kev

kev Guest

......keep us updated....nd to hear outcome.....

8. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Good Luck Mom:) I would love to have my green amex back. I had one in college, I closed it when I was 24 and I wish oh wish I could have it back now but my credit history is shot now so they won't reopen it for me. Maybe someday:)

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Good luck mom. Don't worry, I think you'll get it with no problem. They have already peeked at your
    credit reports and must have liked what they saw. Otherwise, you would not have received the
    pre-approval that didn't require your income. :)

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Miles

Thanks Miles, I certainly hope so. This application didn't asked for hardly anything that is why I am hoping it is a true offer, you don't find any true offers anymore, but I never thought Amex would send out random mailings like every other bank??

I will keep everyone posted, luckily Dog gave me the automated number to check my status. I will be calling that is a few days, I just mailed it out so I have to give them sometime, but I am so anxious to know LOL

Mom

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX Green Card

Mom - check out Jason's card requirements on CardWEB (www.cardtrak.com) bulletin board.

You are required to have no negatives, and one yr of revolving credit history - preferably on two accounts.
    Then the Card is issued.

Mom - that is a real pre-approval. That is what I hope they will send my at the 1 yr mark for the Gold Card. Either way, does not matter. I am always pleased to pay with AMEX anything!

It is based on personal resources, credit, or past
    spending. You got it on credit. I got it on resources.
    We'll uncork the champagne the day it arrives.

Mom - when you get the "card package" you will be thrilled.
    Its QUITE COMPLIMENTARY and respectful. Then, you get to choose any or all benefits, free email, free internet access, travel help, car rental ins, etc.

Then you add the Membership Rewards - or any options you want. I also have mine tied to Express Cash - which for a fee, taps your checking account at any ATM. I have never used it but activated it for the future.

Get ready! You'll put those visa/mc cards away!

CYA :)

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dog

I certainly hope you are right and I will be glad to pop that cork of champagne with you:) I will kepp you posted of course, I just mailed it out this week so I will wait a bit before checking the automated system.

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

AmEx...Mortgage

While the inquiry may (and may not) hurt you a bit, the AmEx account itself could actually HELP you obtain your mortgage. Plus, an AmEx card is a general indicator of better things to come. :)

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: AmEx...Mortgage

Thanks Richguy, yes to me it is WELL worth the inquiry, I just didn't want to pass up the chance at trying it since they offered. Had I not received their offer I probably would have not thought to apply.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Re: AmEx...Mortgage

Good luck Momof3. Keep us posted!