With my scores, can I get a car?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dolly, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Dolly

Dolly Well-Known Member

I was recently laid off so I opened my own company. I have been averaging about $4500.00 a month. I've been in business for only six months.

My car is on its last leg. I need a car for work and would like to either purchase or lease a good used car. I have very little money saved. Can I either purchase or lease a car with my scores?

Equifax 668

TU 656

Experian 629

Thanks!

Ex

2. ccdscott

ccdscott Active Member

I would think so. I thought I heard somebody say that you could qualify for the 0% with just a 620, but I could be wrong.

3. Dolly

Dolly Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm also worried that it may be a problem that I no longer have a cushy corporate job AND that I'm now self-employed.

4. kcchiefs

kcchiefs Active Member

DH is self employed. Got approved at Ford with a 575 fico. We had to show tax returns for 1 year proving income. We had a tax lien, a 2 y/o CH 13 bankruptcy, and a judgement on his report. We did have to pay a down payment and they would only finance for 42 months. Granted we pay 14.25% but I'll be making the 6th payment next month and intend to refinance. I don't think Ford will finance with any repo's though.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Stay away from leasing. It's much more expensive, and when you get right down to it, you're making payments on a car that isn't yours. I'm currently leasing, and I'm facing a huge expense at the end of the term because I put more miles on the car than I'm allowed. Buy a car, even if you have to get a used one with a few miles on it.

6. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

What kind of auto history do you have on your credit reports?

Are you still in the same line of work?

What kind of down payment do you have, if any?

7. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I don't think Ford will finance with any repo's though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes they will

8. Dolly

Dolly Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments!

9. lowScore

lowScore Member

10. Dolly

Dolly Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response re the Creditboard!