wonder what....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mindylou, Nov 5, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Having an amex does to your score, I thought I read somewhere on here that it increased their score. hmmm

mindy

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've never seen any evidence that the brand name on a tradeline has any influence on automated scoring systems. Granted, a PERSON who knew something about card issuers could probably look at a report and know someone had bad credit in their past by looking at subprime tradelines, but I don't think the scoring system cares.

To FICO I'm sure my 3 1/2 year old Providian visa with the $9,100 credit limit looks just as good as someone else's Optima Platinum (provided the limit and months reported were the same).

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Depends on the kind of card...
    If you have a "PAY EVERY MONTH IN FULL" kind of card...you have NO stated credit limit...

If you have a card like AMEX BLUE...your credit limit is $10,000 and you owe $1,000, you are at 10%...

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I agree with what GEORGE said...

But it has been rumored that one you have anything AMEX reporting on your reports, that other potential lenders view that as a BIG PLUS!

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

its probably an unspoken kind of thing.

Especially, if they do a manual review process, I am sure they would not admit to it publically.