Woo Hoo! DaveLV = Amex Holder!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Nov 5, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Well, this was a successful weekend for me. I applied for Target Visa, Citi Platinum Select, Amex Blue and Amex Green this weekend. I got the Target and Citi cards instantly. I was denied instantly for Blue, but my Green application was a maybe.

This morning I called the application status line and found I was approved for the Amex Green card.

Back when I had good credit, I had Amex Green, the blue Optima and a Corporate card. When I started having credit trouble back in 1994 I fell behind on my accounts, but I knew I'd want to have American Express accounts in the future, so I paid them every dime I owed within six months. Now I'm glad I did.

So -- I wouldn't quite say that I'm prime yet. But the 12.49 rate I got on my Citi card sure is light years away from the 23.9% rate I had to pay for my first Providian card until I found this board.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

You go, boy !!!!

I'm the happiest person for your newfound success & you will continue to be blessed with better offers.

Sister Girl

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Good weekend! Congratulations :)

4. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Congrats Dave,be careful with all that credit in Vegas :)

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Heh! Are you kidding? I'm going to be the best credit risk these people have ever seen. Especially after what I've had to go through these last six or seven years, first with NO credit (embarrassing when you have to travel for work, and the travel office says to put all the reservations on your credit card and turn in the receipts) and then having to pay ridiculous rates and security deposits.

This is one deadbeat who's learned his lesson.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Dave,

Now that you're approved for a Green, you're considered an Amex cardmember (as opposed to your status at the time you applied for the Blue).

What it means is that you can now contact the MORE team (the one dealing w/ current cardmembers who apply for another card). In the last 3 months, I had MORE override 2 out of 2 denials.

Call Amex New Accounts, ask for the MORE team, then ask that they put in a request for reconsideration. If the rep won't cooperate, ask for a MORE supervisor.

(... or just tell them to DO IT OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES! :))

Saar

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Dave, I'm dancing with ya fella!

Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... Da-dee-dee-da ... !!

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS on the approvals, Dave! :)

Doc

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Congratulations, DAVE:)

10. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

WOW Dave, that is the greatest news. What a wonderful weekend. Congratulations.

mindy

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

DaveLV-

Congrats-

Know the feeling of having no credit and than trying to do business travel on a $300 secured card from Cap 1.

To this weekend getting a Target Visa 6k limit.

Hope someday myself to get back the AMEX Green.

Best regards,
    Mirage

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow Dave! Congrats!!!! Great success! :)

13. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations, job very well done!

Cheers!

Cypri:)

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

GO DAVE!!!

15. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Dave,
    What report did target pull and what was your score?

16. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Target pulled Experian, and my creditexpert score was 666 at the time.

17. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Rah DAVE!!! Just thought I'd join in on the cheer!

Since we can't dance, I'm doing the "Happy Wiggle" for you.

-Peace, Dave

18. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Please...I'm eating dinner.