Woo hoo! Prime Approval (I think?)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Sep 25, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I applied for a Bank of America plat. Visa and the website approved me!! It took 24 hours, but here's the text - -

THIS is why I am fighting negative information (paid negative information), THIS is why I write a letter each week to a CRA. :)

Congratulations! You've been approved.

You've been approved for a Bank of America Visa Platinum card with an initial credit line of $8000.00. Your credit card will be mailed to you within 5 business days.

2. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Forgot to note - I did do a balance transfer. I think I applied for the 8.9 perm. bal. txfer apr.

3. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Quasi Cash: 4%

Okay, in the terms I noticed something called Quasi Cash and a fee associated with it. It was near the cash advance fee information. Any idea what this is?

3.5.c: Quasi Cash: 4% ($20 minimum)

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Re: Quasi Cash: 4%

Congratulations, MT. Welcome to prime.

Dani

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Forum rule!! Post the bureau and score to get the card!! :)

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, MT. It's a nice bank to work with. One thing to watch...

BofA will send a "welcome to BofA platinum card" packet with three cash advance convenience checks attached to a BT form. It almost looks as if the attached checks are for a balance transfer, but they are really cash advance checks at 19.9% apr. So, I tear them up immediately and call BofA for any BTs I want done by phone.

Other than that, BofA is on the up and up. Their customer service is the BEST - if you ever need to go through PlanetFeedBack...

7. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Hi Sam, I will be glad to as soon as I figure out which CRA they pulled. I dont' think it was Experian (because I just checked it). I may call and find out the information - I'm curious as well.

8. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Marci - thanks for the tip! I will watch out for that one. :)

9. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

They pull from Equifax.

10. MT

MT Well-Known Member

They pulled TransUnion for me.
    I checked via Worthknowing.com and can see the inquiry. Worthknowing gives me a 5 for a credit score. I have 2 pd. collections on my Tu report. I believe the score I received in the mail was 650, but cannot remember for certain. I just tried to check junum, but they haven't scanned it in yet.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats MT:) That's great news

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations. That's great news!! I really like BofA. I have had my account for about 6 months now. No problems at all. Customer service is very friendly.

13. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Contrats!

Quasi-cash is a "cash-like" transaction-- gambling/gaming chips, travelers checks, money orders, and so on.

-mj