Words of encouragement.!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 2, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have posted this same message in the past. And since there are SO Many NEwcomers to the site lately, I feel a need to express again this messages. Everyone else please add your input as well.

Those of you who are starting out repairing your credit, I wish you the Best LUCK. Most of us have been in your position with credit problem. I have stated before that my student loan problems were not my fault, but who cares? Denial is Denial without explanation clauses. No one cared about fault when I was denied credit. So I moved on. The important thing is to clean your credit and enjoy a much "Cheaper" life.

When I started reading boards like this about this time last year, most posters where saying that it took 7 years to bounce back from credit problems. I was bummed. Well my story and the stories of others here prove that not to be true. I read post by people saying they couldnot get above $500 in credit limits and were stuck playing the providian games. I might have to show you the links to those stories. LOL

But that is not true. Disputes and non-verification have removed those unfair marks from my report. God may not be there when you call him, but he is always on time.

I started with (4/99)FNB of Marin with a $250 secured card to $37,000 in unsecured credit in 2 years exactly to this date. My beacon was 593 this time last year and is 702 today.

Dont be discouraged. The worse credit can be repaired. Everyone deserves a second chance. It is up to you to go grab it.

I am no expert, just lucky and blessed.

Good LUCk, Newbies..

roni

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Well said.

:)

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi! Sure would like some pointers on where to start to clean up my credit. Its pretty bad although I was able to finance our home. But I cant even get a credit card now or even a loan through the bank. Even though I have purchased our home I dont seem to be able to get anywhere. Help!

mntware99@aol.com

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you can get a house, you are in good shape. Having a roof over your head and a nice tax break is worth more than credit cards. You are going about that backwards in my opinion. I wanted the credit to get the house....lol. But anyway, Of course I would give you pointers. I dont do email, sorry. There are CRazies on the loose... We can carry on here with your questions. Plus everyone learns that way.

Question #1: do you have ANy credit cards and what are the limits

Question #2: how many charge offs or negative items are on your report and what dates

roni

5. anne

anne Guest

Roni,

That is what I need to hear. I have order all of my credit reports and may be asking you for some advice. My first question should I get a sub-prime or wait six months for a chance at a prime. I have a fashionbug and dillards, but so far have not been able to get anything else. I just paid Providian off and prefer not to deal with them. They were losing my payments. But I am going to to start with the deletions, but again how long do I wait?
    Anne

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

WB

Welcome back Roni!!!!

My words were not to discourage you in anyway. Actually, I look up to you CPT. I am happy to see that you are here again. And a personal thank you, i applied for the Citibank card again, already have platium select, and received a 4k limit.

Thanks Roni,

Reshod

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ditto
    702...I can't wait. Seems like the nightmare can turn into a dream. Thanks for posting that Roni. -Dave

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Anne

Providian has cleaned up their programs some. I have not had any problems with them. But Idont strongly suggest them. There are others.

Do not wait. You definitely should start with a secured card. The important thing is to generate "paid as agreed" every single month to the bureaus while you are cleaning up your file. You paying your accounts is not a lie. It is important to have the bureaus saying "positive" things about you each month.

When you get your reports, analyze them like the FBI. Honestly, it took me months to know how to pick out every negative thing they hide on reports. That takes time and it is frustrating. But it must be done. Know your R1's from R5's. Get those lates off definitely.

LIke I said, I started with FNBM in 4/99. I couldnot get a bus pass on credit.....that's a jokey-joke.

in 11/99, i got a capital one secured for $200.

In 4/00 I got Orchard, Providian, FCNB and First Premier.

I had the idea that no matter what bad they said, I would Combat that with Good. Forget inquiries. You have to give up something to gain credit rating.

After a few months in 9/00. I got chase and Citibank. I still had student loan collections on my report. The difference was they were 1.5 years old and PAID.

Since 9/00 everything has been improving. Everyone else please share your stories.

Anne, do not wait. Get a secured card if you have to start there. Cap1 unsecured my card after 6 months so there is always a way out. Dont worry about how secured cards are reported either.

roni

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Reshod.

You go! Thanks.

I am too hard sometimes. I have to admit. My life has not been an easy one and I just say what I think needs to be said and not what people may wanna hear.

BTW, i dont know how I am gonna pass PT this weekend. do you have the chart on you on how many pushups I have to do. I cant do no pushups...lol. ok tell me

pushups, situps and time for 2 miles for 32yo female, who is out of shape.

I ran my 2 miles today so i am straight with that.

roni

10. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Re: Reshod.

Hey, dont be worry about the APFT. It is not that difficult. The push-ups requirement for your age group is: 15

Your two-mile time is: 21:42

Sit-ups: 42

Since you have such a short time to prepare. The best thing to do is PUSH-UPS!!!! A CSM told me the best way to improve is to do then between commericals. I personally either go to the gym or use the push up bars from Target'

Anymore questions please ask.

Reshod

11. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Roni

here is the link: http://www.benning.army.mil/usapfs/Doctrine/APFT.htm

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Roni

thanks. I knew you would know and i was too lazy to do a search...lol..

I heard we had to use the NEW army sweats for the test this time. Is that true. I bought the new gear anyway though.

15? ok that's a joke. I am not in that bad shape. 21mins. ok i do that now.. today i did it in 21 mins and i walked .5 miles. My energy is low b/c i have to lose a few pounds. I lost em though. thanks again for the info.

13. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I dont have any info on the new sweats. Me at ROTC Land are still using the old ones.

You should have no problem with the APFT.

Remeber the article i was telling you about, it will be coming out tomorrow on the following website: www.sftt.org

This is a website that tells the truth about what goes on in the Army.
    There should be a follow-up article in the Army Times, soon

Reshod

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am not sure IF I really want to know the truth about the army. I just want my loans repaid....lol but I will check it out.

roni

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Roni,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You're right, you don't have to sweat 7 years of having no credit before you can start rebuilding it. Just like with everything else in life, you have to use wisdom. Based on my experience, I would not advise anyone to overload themselves with subprime cards. I have 5 that I am paying off, and hope to never see again, since they have outrageous interest, membership fees, and such. A person would do better to obtain maybe 1 from Cap 1 or Orchard and pay on it 6 mos to a year and then maybe try for a small unsecured loan with a local bank or credit union. You obviously approached the rebuilding of your credit carefully or you wouldn't have come so far so fast. I recently posted that I purchased a house even though my scores still weren't that high due to the ratio of credit card balance vs credit limit that I was battling, but I seem to be on my way. The worst thing anyone can do is not do anything. We live in the real world where you are judged by your credit history rather you like it or not. I think everyone hear has seen or experienced enough to know that credit problems can happen to anybody, but self pity won't get you out of the mess.

Peace and Love,

Newcomer

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well said newcomer.

17. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: well said newcomer.

Bravo !!!

Sister Girl