World MasterCard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Citi-gal, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Citi-gal

Citi-gal Guest

Does anyone have the Advantage Gold "World Mastercard" from citi. Do they really let you go over your limit. And if so how much?? Is this card a "good" card or just another crap card like Sony Card.

If anyone has the Gold AA "World Card" I would appreciate any and all input you have on it.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I've had this card for about 6 months. After the first three months, I had already earned a free domestic ticket . . .not bad for the $50 annual fee. This is in part because they threw in 10,000 bonus miles just for getting the card and also because I flew American from California to Hawaii and racked up bonuses for booking at the aa.com site, rental cars, etc. Miles build very quickly.

I can't speak to how much or how often they will let you go over the limit. I think it works like Amex. How much you can spend will depend on usage behavior. Shoot me if I ever go over limit because the credit line is very generous to begin with.

Every three months, they send you an extensive list of domestic and international destinations that you can book for 5,000 fewer miles than usually required and some of them are actually worth visiting.

The card has platinum level perks. Extended warranty, rental insurance, life insurance, lost baggage protection, traveler's aid, and concierge service are just a few of them. If you die in a plane crash or even on your way to the airport in a shuttle van, the $1 million life insurance policy will make your spouse or relatives rich. This is nice if you like them.

Due to the high APR, it's a great card for charging everything in your life that you can afford to repay in full each month. If you treat it as a charge card and like to travel, this is definitely the card for you.

3. NEWMAN

NEWMAN Guest

GO TO WWW.TRAVELOCITY.COM AND CLICK ON REWARDS ON THE BOTTOM APPLY FOR THE MASTERCARD FROM CITIBANK USA ITS A WORLD CARD. I WAS APPROVED I HAVE A VERY LOW FICO SCORE AND STILL RECIEVED THE CARD. IT'S A GOD SENT. I AM PRIME NOW. YOU WILL GET THE CARD I HAVE THREE FRIENDS THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND THERE CREDIT IS NOT REAL GOOD. PRIME HEAVEN FOR ALL, AT LEAST TILL THE SECRET GETS OUT!

4. Citi-gal

Citi-gal Guest

Thanks for the advice Newman. I just applied and was approved for 5,000.00 credit line. When I get the card I am going to combine the Sony card. I wonder why I was only approved for 1,500.00 for Sony and 5,000.00 for Travelcity. My credit record is'nt perfect either. I have 3 medical collections totaling 2000.00 that are 2 years old. This board is something. Now if only I could get rid of the collections.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Not sure if you can combine them, since "Citibank, N.A." and "Citibank USA" are not the same company, though both are part of CitiGroup. Please let us know how it goes.

Saar

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Saar,
    I think they are the same company I think. Citibank, N.A. is the one that issue Plat.Select card, AA Advantage, Plat. Select, Driver Edge, Dividend card and Citibank USA (formely Travelers Bank) is located in Wilmington, DE and they issued Quicken card, Netscape card, Travelocity World Mastercard. They are all part of the Citigroup. I don't think they're related with each other and I don't you can't combined credit lines with each other. You can transfer balances from Citibank,NA to Citibank USA and Vice versa.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Ron,

I don't believe you had read my message carefully before you posted. That's what I said: both belong to CitiGroup, but are different companies w/ different products that probably can't be combined.

Saar