World Perks Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PuuOoPaul, Jul 21, 2001.

1. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Does anyone have this card or know how hard it is to obtain? It is supplied by US bank. I contacted them by e-mail on the criteria needed to obtain the card. Their response is as follows:

Thank you for your interest in the World Perks Visa Credit Card.
    US bank is the creditor and issuer of the World Perks Visa. The criteria
    for credit is to not have a bankruptcy on file. US Bank does use fico
    scoring, however there is not a 'set' score that will automatically give
    you approval. There are many different credit criteria that US Bank looks
    at. The only way to determine if you will be approved or not is to apply
    for the card.

Thank you
    Frank VanSchoten
    US Bank

I've been wanting this card for some time but have never applied because I didn't want to be rejected. (That sounds stupid as I see it written in physical form!) However, I have applied for several other cards this year to which I wasn't attached. Needless to say I was turned down by every single one except Sears.

I just recently found out that I will be losing my job of 2.5 years come 8/15. I will also be moving at the end of August. I would really like to obtain a credit card b4 that time while I still have the employment and resident history. My FICO as per Equifax is 652. I obtained a car loan in March and I am current on it and my Sears account. However my Equifax cr shows 13 (yikes) inquiries for the first 4 months of this year. The bulk of which were applications b4 my car loan and 3 were inquiries by banks for auto financing.

I guess my last question is should I even attempt to get this card? Is it worth the inquiry or am I in inquiry hell where it wouldn't much hurt anymore?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
    PuuOoPaul

2. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

I had a WP visa years ago, which has since been closed due to a divorce and going through credit counsiling. I do not know the specific criteria, but I can tell you that I found it very easy to get. At the time I was a real estate agent (very unpredictable income) had just moved (short length of residence) and had good credit, but my score was probably not very high due to the debt to income ratio and the fact that I did not have a mortgage. (This was before I got credit score obsessed!). Looking at you current stability, I think you should go for it, as long as you don't have any bankrupcies or major derogs...

Shanna

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

4. PuuOoPaul

Thanks for your imput folks. Still indecisive. However I did get my experian cr today and it has no derogs! Yes! Lots of inquiries though. Also got a Citi app in mail today.

Mahalo,
    PuuOoPaul

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I applied to the WPV about a year ago and they told me no due to the fact that I had derogatory info on my CR. They pulled TU.

6. PuuOoPaul

Thanks Shantel,

I applied yesterday on line and was told to come back on the next business day for their decision, which I assume would be Monday. It was worth a try anyway. I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Mahalo,
    PuuOoPaul