World Trade Center attack!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Hope, Sep 11, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Second tower gone!

a 737 and 757 hit both trade towers... both towers are gone... 767 crashed near Pittsburgh...
    another commercial plane crashed into the Pentagon.... 5th plane headed to the Pentagon but maybe (????????) spooked off by F16 flying above the Pentagon...

state dept. in NYC car bombed, but they are now denying it - evn though the building is smokling...

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The reporters are right. This is the equivalent of Pearl Harbor.

3. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

I hope it's not another Tim McVeigh

I sure hope this is not another attack from a group of disgruntled Americans. They just confirmed a 747 did crash in Pennsylvania.

4. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

My mom is in NY...lives and works there.....can't get a hold of her either... :(

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Hold on, Chelechele and all who have family and friends in the attack areas. We're right here with you, praying.

6. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

We will never be the same...

7. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

very very sad, everyone is saying here there will be five attacks and trying to guess the fifth one, where it will be.

this is very very sad that these people do not value human life. Once we die, we do not come back....i cant believe these people can not value life, how dare they take the lives of others into their hands and destroy them. I am so upset.

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

As One of the Popes said during the Crusades when asked how the crusaders would know the Christians from the heatens:

"KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT IT OUT!"

9. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Chelechele, I hope your Mom is okay.
    From DC this is the report so far. American Flight #11 (departed Boston to LA) was one of the flights that crashed into the World Trade Center. An American flight (no flight # yet) hit the Pentagon. American Flight #77 out of Dulles International Airport to LA is still unaccounted for. The car bomb in front of the State Department in DC has been unconfirmed and disregarded.

Dani

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Some of you know, I am in Norfolk, huge military area, all the schools near military bases are moving the kids. Jets taking off from the bases like crazy.

They announced "threatcon C" which means everyone reports for duty, no civilians allowed on bases now.

11. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

My prayers are with the victims and their families.

12. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

I work for a CA in PHoenix (please don't hate me!!) and all our clients just cancelled all calling today and possible tomorrow. Some CAs do have a heart.

God bless us all, and God have mercy on the souls of the dead.

Kate

A grieving diva

13. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Missing American flight #77 has just been confirmed by NBC News that this flight was the one that crashed into the Pentagon. There were 58 passengers aboard. My prayers with the family of those aboard.

Dani

14. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I'm in Hampton and live very close to two bases.

My brother goes to ODU and is close to the Naval base.

I hope this is over with!

Steph

15. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Talked to mom...in the middle of closing the store now....can't get on or off the island....

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Glad your Mom's okay Chele!

Local TV has the chief of the Atlantic Fleet on - he says ships and aircraft are on their way to NY and Washington, and military medical personnel have been sent, but can't say much more.

17. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Another United plane

is confimed crashed...however, neither United nor officials will give the location or further details.

Keep praying everybody, please!

And we will never be the same, but we will be stronger and perhaps more humble.

18. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Some bases have gone to THREATCON DELTA!!!!!!!

This is a major step.

Why dont they close the borders.

NANAC and myself live here in El Paso. A very easy target for terrorism from Mexico.

You all have our prayers

19. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I suspect they are off to shoot down any other "unaccounted for" planes out there. It's odd that there was great talk of the 2cd plane coming into the Pentagon (after the first Pentagon crash), then a live picture of an F16 hovering over the Pentagon, and then no more talk of the status of that plane.

Did anyone hear of a plane hitting Camp David - or is that a rumor?

20. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Everyone please also urge our "regulars" here to check in as soon as possible.

I know we all want to know that everyone's alright.