World Trade Center attack!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Hope, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Re: Second tower gone!

Shit like that pisses me off!!!!! I hope we STRIKE BACK AND HARD!!!!!!!!

In the name of their GOD!!!!!!!!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Arafat said they have nothing to do with it. Anybody that celebrates should be arrested and deported.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

i AGREE

If you dont support the country you LIVE IN then LEAVE!!!!

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I hope they're in NYC, Reshod - I can imagine what New Yorkers will do to them.

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

i just ask that everyone prays for those innocent individuals who were so mercilessly slaughtered. If possible, do everything you can do to help. Give blood, join a relief team, even write letters of support. Together, we can get through this as a nation.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

OMG,
    Just announced, 10,000+ dead at the trade centers.

My prayers go out to those touched by this cowardly attack.

8. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

For those of you trying to reach relatives in DC....Just spoke w/my cousin there--it appears that you can call in, but they cannot call out. The city (he is in Dupont Circle area) is relatively calm, although he says that F-16 and helicopters are flying over the city area routinely...Lots of smoke in Pentagon area, it is much more serious than originally believed as reported by DC news...

Email does not seem to be impacted as well. My prayers are w/those impacted by this tremendous tradedy.

God bless our country. And although I am a liberal democrat, my prayers are also w/our president and military during this time.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have been crying for what seems like forever. My friend works in the WTC. I dont know what floor. But it is a bank. He spent last weekend with me celebrating my new place. I cant reach him at all. I spoke with him last night about 9pm. He WAS going to work today (early as usual). I called just when it happened and got his voice mail. Now all lines are down of course. Why am I saying all this here? I dont know. I am just very sick right now.

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

10,000 innocent lives lost. That does not even include those passengers aboard the jets nor how many died in the Pentagon explosion. It is absolutely devastating. I can only hope that those responsible for this tragedy get their due punishment. But I don't think there is anything we could do to make up for this horrific ordeal.

Dani

11. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Is it over? Does anyone know if all the attacks, bombs, etc have stopped?

12. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

I am sick to my stomach and scared......

I'm praying for the safety of all of the people involved, and the families of those killed have my deepest sympathy.

;(

--

13. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

They think the fourth plane was headed for Camp David, where the Peace Accords were signed between Israel and the PLO. I can't help but wonder if the pilot ran it into the ground to avoid more deaths...

14. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Everyone who can: Go donate blood! Now. Today.

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nothing more has happened, but I doubt anyone knows. Government buidlings, all kinds of things have closed. ABC said OK has put guards around the jail where Tim McVeigh is being held. I know here, the schools are telling parents they can get their kids if they want to. A lot of precautions are being taken. Our country is in security mode, and our allies have closed their airports to foreign traffic to support our efforts.

16. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I am at work and I work for the Govt. I am saddened and sickened by all of this. I can remember when they built those towers, I fly over them going to Paris as an exchange student in 1977. (OK it was awhile back) I, as many other Americans feel a huge loss. I am tired and weary of man's inhumanity to man. When and where will it end. It seems ironic, last week I watched Nostradamus, "The Man who saw Tomorrow" Where or not you agree with his predictions, he has been eerily on the mark. I just want to go straight to the part where we had a 1,000 years of peace on earth. Just for the rest of the day, say something kind to someone, do a kind gesture, and let me leave you with a few lines from a song I sang in a music contest in elementary "Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me. With God as our Father, brothers all we'll be. Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony"

Anne

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

If the pilot was alive, yes, they are mostly ex-military pilots, and I am sure, given a choice of crashing their planes off the target or on the target, they would choose off-target. What a choice.

But I doubt the pilots were flying those planes. More likely the highjackers were flying the planes, and were forced out of the air by military planes. The networks are problably being asked not to report a lot of things, because they would be telling the "enemy" what happened.

18. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Did anyone realize the time the World Trade Towers collapsed? I believe it was 10 and 10:30AM. Timed explosives on the bottom floor of the World Trade Towers? My husband was talking to several restaurant patrons in a DC restaurant, who had been near the Pentagon when it exploded and everyone was exchanging ideas on how it occured. I think the gentlemen that had mentioned this had a very good idea and not too far fetched. It's just a rumor, but I would find it hard to believe if it wasn't true.

Dani

19. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Thank God the plane landed....I can't imagine the emotions of those boys in the fighter jets....thinking they have to take out one of our planes....yes they would have to do it.....but Oh God what a terrible position to be in.....I am praying with all my heart, we have suffered a horrible loss of our fellow people...we will never recover from this devastating and senseless loss.....NEVER! I pray for god to protect all of us and to help us through this crisis.....

Dancing in the street........I can not comment on this... What I am thinkin is not printable, how can another human being rejoice at such destruction, at such loss?????????????

May God Have Mercy on us all!!!!!

20. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Tim McVeigh was executed some time ago ....