World Trade Center attack!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Hope, Sep 11, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Second tower gone!

Oh, I heard part of the report - is someone else being held there? They were talking about putting guards around the jail... it was on ABC.

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Was it Terry Nichols? I believe most of us see this as a foreign terrorist attack. I don't think any American radical group could pull off something so well-planned without someone, somewhere finding out.

Dani

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Anyone who celebrated should have been deported a long time ago. That's the whole point here.

As far as responsibility goes, the Middle East connection to the World Trade center goes back to 1993. However, I have no doubt that the U.S. media will try to place the blame on Americans. Be on your guard.

Also, be careful about any emergency decrees that take away your rights just to keep aliens, legal or illegal, from committing crimes. If we have to be governed with an iron fist like a Third World country, that should be our clue that the United States is slowly being turned into such a country by gangs, mob violence, and Third World immigrants with no tradition of public virtue or the rule of law.

I concur with all the calls to pray--for victims, families, survivors, police, firemen, military personnel, political leaders, and most importantly for America itself. God bless America, it's a great country under vicious attack every day. Today, the attackers succeeeded in an unprecedented way.

Needless to say, anyone who died hoping that Allah reserves a place in Heaven for those who die killing infidels (like me and most of you) will be sorely disappointed. God will judge them as murderers, and it won't be pleasant. At the very least, they will spend eternity with other murderers.

I hope you're all safe and able to find peace along with so much sorrow.

RichGuy

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Media Bias

Exactly right, Timothy McVeigh is already dead. If ABC really reported what Breeze shared with us, then the propaganda attack is already under way. Exactly as I warned a few minutes ago.

Imagine Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion in charge of reporting the daily news, with all the fairness and accuracy we've come to expect from them. Then add a savage hatred of American values, and you would have something like what appears on your television screen as "news."

7. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

This is EERIE

Does anyone else release todays date -

9-11

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

While everyone on the board has provided excellent comments, I am totally speachless. It took three hours before the initial shock and horror wore off. I felt totally paralyzed.

How could someone do something so horrible! The innocent people in the WTC, the innocent people on those planes that crashed into them, the innocent people on those other flights that crashed, the people on the street in NYC where this happened, the firefighters that have lost their lives in the WTC, I could go on....

My company sent us home shortly after 10 CDT. No one could focus on work. We had CNN on in all our conference rooms.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the victims and their families of such a senseless act of violence.

9. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Re: Media Bias

:( Praying for everyone with family, friends and all americans for the sad loss and horrible tradegy that occured today.
    My hubby works for the city building in Kansas City downtown area across from the federal building there and they blocked off everything in our city too and he was sent home.
    I can't believe this is happening and I really think it is just the beginning, not the end. I fear for all of us in the next few weeks. America is at its weakest right as we speak because we are in a total state of shock and dismay.
    God Bless us all.

10. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I am only 17, but I am going to do anything I can do to help here locally. I already called up the Red Cross, and they have my name on their list to give blood, and also written that I want to go help with the cleanup efforts in New York City. I hope everyone can do as much as they can. The little things matter. As for all the dead, my prayers are with them, and god bless them, their friends, and our beautiful country.

11. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Just heard, flights will be grounded until at least noon tomorrow. This is just too scary!

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just asked my Mom how this compared to the day she heard about Pearl Harbor (she was 20). She said she thought this was worse.

Her generation made it through that horrible disaster, and we will make it through this one. You can see heroes everywhere. And if we were there, we would be doing the same things.

My neighbors are pulling out now, leaving their homes and families going to help (deployed). People were just showing up at the Red Cross here, unannounced, to donate blood. And there will be more volunteer efforts organized soon.

These people who attacked us want to take away our freedom. They will not do it. We may like our junk food and trashy television and our materialistic mindset, but we love our freedom more, and you will see the proof as you watch this piece of history unfold.

Some of you are so young you haven't lived through anything like this before. You've never seen Americans fight for their way of life - you may be seeing it soon. It happens from time to time that some other country thinks they can beat us down, and take away our freedom, but they never have.

This is the most horrible attack ever, I believe, but it will not destroy us.

13. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

My Prayers out to Everyone.

Give Blood to the American Red Cross Please. Theres a national blood shortage even without this tragedy.

14. mirabelle

mirabelle Well-Known Member

My mom was in college during WW2 and I am wondering what her take on this is, too. My dad served in the Navy in the Pacific during WW2 and while he is fiercely patriotic, whatever he went through was so depressing and horrible he refuses to talk about the details (he was a medic).

My husband's dad was a retired AF pilot and he was also in WW2--I can only imagine how things are at Randolph AFB in Texas (where my husband grew up and where my brother-in-law still lives)...probably lockdown, lik Breeze and others have posted.

I am totally and completely numb and in shock. I am going to pick my daughter up from school and just hug her. I also have a couple of friends in NYC that I haven't heard from...I did get one's office voice mail, but no response.

This is just so sad and tragic....

15. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I just returned from a one hour each way trip to the nearest blood bank. Couldn't donate today. The line is too long. The parking lot was overflowing. Had to make an appointment for tomorrow. I almost choked up a bit. Here we are 3000 miles away in Riverside, California. There's retirees, teenagers, White, Blacks, Hispanics. No one saying a word. We all know why we're there. There's not much that we can directly do to help from here, but that's one thing we can do, and so we do.

If those cowardly unholy mongrels think that somehow this will weaken us, they are going to find out the same lesson others have found out before. Like siblings, we are allowed to pick on each other all we want, but nobody messes with our brothers and sisters. They'll find out. You watch. They'll find out.

16. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

sAME HERE - i CAN'T EVEN REACH THE BLOOD SERVICES TO SEE IF I CAN GIVE BLOOD - I JUST GAVE 2 WEEKS AGO. I'LL JUST SHOW UP TOMORROW.

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The Red Cross here has said "please stop, we have all the blood we can handle."

18. annie

annie Well-Known Member

AMEN Quixote!

19. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Re: This is EERIE

Well, what does that mean?

20. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

Re: This is EERIE

Good Looking out guys. Pass on the give blood or Plasma word. Thats how we can all help. I am from NYC. Born and raised. All of my family is fine. Uncle is fine (works in smaller WTC buildings). Family friend's baby was sick and didn't go to work!!! Thats was a blessing. Pray people. Pray for the souls of the people who died.

Also support your local National Guard unit. As a National Guard's Men my heart goes out to my fellow "weekend warriors" who are out there helping.