Worried about Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by winter78, Oct 1, 2003.

1. winter78

winter78 Well-Known Member

I have had some issues with my credit. I opened up a lot of charge accounts during my first year of college and as time went on I got careless and all of them were maxed out and went into collections. I have paid of a couple of them but my problem is that i have poor money management. I love to shop, I love to buy things but now that I am trying to move out on my own and get an apartment I am afraid that I will get turned down due to credit problems and late payments and other negatives on my credit report. What can I do to repair my credit?

2. tr1252

tr1252 Well-Known Member

The best advice (and you'll hear this again and again) is to read the first posts here on creditnet: the Unofficial CreditNet Board FAQ, the "Hall of Fame" Postings, and especially PsychDoc's Credit Repair Primer.

When you've finished, read them AGAIN. And AGAIN. And AGAIN.

my problem is that i have poor money management. I love to shop, I love to buy things

Change your shopping/spending habits. It took you some time to get to this point. It will take you some time to clean everything up. There's a lot of good, sound advice here on CreditNet. Good luck!