Worthknowing.com info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 23, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

After several attempts, I was finally successful in obtaining a new credit profile. I am happy to say that Citibank is reporting the credit limits of our accounts to Transunion. Equifax is also reporting true credit limits. So this makes the challenge a little less. We only have to get Experian to join their competitors and report citibanks credit limits.

In addition, while reviewing the factors which are lowering my score, the #of revolving accounts ( I have 14) are lowering my scores. Therefore I will be closing one or two accounts per month until I have 5 accounts remaining. The following accounts I will keep open:

1)Citibank Platinum (combine w/gold) 9/00
    2)Providian classic 5/00
    3)MBNA charge account 8/00
    4)Chase 9/00
    5)Capital one 11/99

As far as a finance company's impact on my score, worthknowing.com said that my 1 personal finance account was lowering my score. There is not much I can do about that at this point. But at least I know now that there is a negative impact of having finance loans on ones credit report.

Well those are my thoughts. If anyone has any comments on my plans, please post them. I am looking to up my low scores, ~low 600's considerable in the next 2 years so that I will be mortgage worthy. That's all for now. Go back to eating your turkey.

roni

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan Roni

Yes I too and going to try and cut down my tradelines as wee, as sonn as I get the balances down just a bit. I want to keep:

Aria 6/99
    Associates 7/99 til I hit 2 year mark then it's outta here
    Citibank 11/99
    Citibank 10/00 going to call and combine silver and gold:)

Mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanx mom,

After pulling my worthknowing again, I see now that i have no limit my accounts to five. thus Orchard,firstpremier,capitalone(new),all have to go.

roni

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Thanx mom,

Yes I would dump orchard and the god awful First Premier. You think Citi will combine my cards Roni??

Mom

5. $CM$

$CM$ Guest

Roni, I would offer some suggestions, but you are too much of a punk. HE HE HE.

$CM$

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Thanx mom,

of course mom, they seem to do anything we ask, except report limits to experian.

roni

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow...

P.H.ers just come right out of the woodworks, don't they? Wow...