worthknowing score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I got a "5", I have NO charge offs, NO collections, No bankruptcy, and very little inquiries, and all accounts are in good standing????????

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

What did the site recommend that you do to raise the score?

I got a 29 with no adverse information. I was told that I had too many open revolving credit lines. I have 8 and many of them have -0- balances. I plan to close two within the next month. According to the scoring model used at this site, more than 5 adversely affects the score.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That is the same thing it said to me and also, it also said that to my husband who only has 3 open accounts hmmmm

4. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

It sounds like it is a generalized reccomendation that everyone is receiving not an actual algor based on each persons actual credit data. All the Reccomendations sound the same and generic.

And now you mean to tell me that this did count an as INQ to my credit?

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    That is the same thing it said to me and also, it also said that to my husband who only has 3 open accounts hmmmm

5. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: WORTHNOTHING SCORE!

One of my clients just starting out got a 50 with only 1 300.00 account opened for 60 days owing $90.00 on it!

Seems like the more credit you have to worse off you are.

Maybe he should apply for a Wachovia Bank Platinum Card now, if he's denied he can give them the Worthnothing score!

6. sph

sph Guest

Yes it does count as an inquiry.Per TU'S Creditability!

7. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

Here is all I got out of it besides the inquiry:(

Score: 86

Reccomendations:
    Active Revolving Accounts. You have a large number of active revolving accounts. This may not be a problem based on your overall debt to income ratio. However, a large number of open revolving accounts, with or without balances, can negatively impact your credit score. A revolving account is any account that gives you credit that you can re-use as you pay off the balance. The most common type of revolving credit are credit cards, but retail store accounts and other types of accounts may be counted as revolving. In general, less than 5 revolving accounts is a safe number of accounts, 5 or more accounts will impact your score. You may want to consider the following tips to improve your ratings:
    If you don't use the account, pay off the balance, if any, and close it. In order to maintain a good credit rating it is important to maintain a reasonable number of credit accounts, but keeping accounts open that are unused does not help your credit score.

My offers:
    These offers have been extended to you based on your creditworthiness as determined by lenders. Click on the Details link to read the terms and conditions an offer and to ACCEPT an offer. We recommend that you carefully read your offer, paying special attention to annual percentage rates (APR), Fees, and Grace Period. Notice that offers have an expiration date. Offers will be available until the Expires date.

Lender
    Card Type Offer Details
    American Express
    Delta Miles Gold Click here to apply for the American Express Delta Miles Gold Card
    American Express
    American Express Card Click here to apply for the American Express Green Card
    American Express
    American Express Gold Click here to apply for the American Express Gold Card
    American Express
    Blue Click here to apply for an American Express BLUE card
    American Express
    Platinum Cash Rebate Click here to apply for the American Express Platinum Rebate Card
    American Express
    Optima Platinum Click here to apply for the American Express Optima Platinum Card
    American Express
    Delta Miles Click here to apply for the American Express Delta Miles Card

All AMEX. Must be their only merchant thus far. What creditors did they offer for low scores? Can't be AMEX probably Providian? Did anyone even get offers for a low score?

8. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

I got the "EXACT" same message, with the exception of a "56" score. I think it's crap. I applied for the Gold Amex, so we'll know what's up in a few days.

Kristi- wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Here is all I got out of it besides the inquiry:(

Score: 86

Reccomendations:
    Active Revolving Accounts. You have a large number of active revolving accounts. This may not be a problem based on your overall debt to income ratio. However, a large number of open revolving accounts, with or without balances, can negatively impact your credit score. A revolving account is any account that gives you credit that you can re-use as you pay off the balance. The most common type of revolving credit are credit cards, but retail store accounts and other types of accounts may be counted as revolving. In general, less than 5 revolving accounts is a safe number of accounts, 5 or more accounts will impact your score. You may want to consider the following tips to improve your ratings:
    If you don't use the account, pay off the balance, if any, and close it. In order to maintain a good credit rating it is important to maintain a reasonable number of credit accounts, but keeping accounts open tha....

9. Lopez

Lopez Guest

RE: WORTHNOTHING SCORE!

I have poor credit, had several chare offs in 96/96 and a few in 98 and I got a 23. A friend who just started out has a late payment twicew and got a 10

10. me

me Well-Known Member

I got the exact same advice and offers, too!

11. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

I got a whooping 5 pts. It's the student loans (10 separate listings all with a zero balance)and a charge off.

I received no offers.

12. kim

kim Well-Known Member

I also received a 5 and...

according to their information the only types of cards I should be eligible for are the very sub-prime with huge interest rates. While, in fact, I have a card with a 2.9% interest rate, reduced from 9.9%.

It seems the information that they pull from TU is accurate, for the most part. But the sole purpose of the site is to drum up business for credit card companies. That is why whomever posted the original message posted here, where many people with credit problems come. They would like you to believe that with whatever score they gave you, especially the low scores, that you're doomed to only be approved for high interest rate/low limit credit cards.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: I also received a 5 and...

Very true, I received the ever so popular score of 5 also, I have two platinum cards with very low rates, good trade lines and no chargeoffs or collections and was told the same as everyone else, to many revolving accounts cut down to five accounts ect, now my hubby who has some blemishes received a 44 and was told the same advice, problem is he only has FOUR revolving account Hmmmm

14. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Their pre-approval offers are crap, because my Amex gold application was declined and Amex said that they didn't know anything about the online Pre-approvals and that their legitimate pre-approvals come through the mail only.

15. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I've got a score of 35...
    They offered the usual Amex crap plus
    Aspire visa gold

16. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

A person coming on here and shilling for his company, nnooooooooooooooo, tell me it ain't so! :) But I doubt this is so in this case as I've seen any number of other posts from joe.

Well I wouldn't call a card with 12.9% APR, no annual fee and up to $8000 very sub-prime. At least thats what it says those with a 5 are eligible for.

My questions are still this:

1. Are the scores accurate

2. Will people be getting offers based on these scores

I got no offers..as of yet, and I'm certainly not holding my breath waiting for 9.9% APR Platinum's I'm 'supposedely' qualified for.

3. Will the offers be at the level the person qualified for or of the useless sub-prime variety such as LendingTree does regardless of your qualifications as its credit grantors are all sub-prime.

Cynical me EXPECTS this to be the case.

As far as you deserving better since you have a good prime card this is not necessarily so. For as I maintain, a handful of unqualified persons here a month seem to 'fluke' out this sort of card and while it can certainly be used as leverage to convince other creditors to give you better terms it will by no means drastically improve your score.

E.g. Pointswise is there any difference between a $5000 NextCard with a 2,9% APR or a $5000 Providian with a 18.9%, credit reports do not analyze card terms they just report (usually) the limits and actual usage.

17. kim

kim Well-Known Member

Actually, StevenZ ~ those with 5 are only (according to worthknowing)eligible for Secured Cards, check the graph at the top of the report.

18. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

I am sorry, I have obviously misunderstood. I see now that both you and Momof3 have recieved a 5/100!!!, which is incredulous (you'd think you would have to have a very recent bankruptcy, defaults, major judgements, tax liens) instead of 5/10.

At least you can take heart in the knowledge that by virtue of your prime card with good terms this will enable you to obtain better terms, better cards (as long as you don't make an online application) and subsequently receive any number of good prime "pre-approved" offers than my 62 TU score will ever do for me.

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I know I was totally surprised by that number, I really don't know how they came up with that for me Steve Z, I mean i could see if I had filed Bk, had charge offs, collections etc, but I have none??

20. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

You see this fits it exactly with my contention that these credit scores are a farce and set up TOTALLY for the creditors benefit.

As an excuse for rejection your applications, as justification for offering you bad terms or lack of options.

Moreover, there is a HUGE and ever increasing market for sub-prime loans and companies seeking to take advantage of this by selling these firms names of those who meet this criteria. Whose to say (at this point) that WorthKnowing.com isn't a glorified marketing scam setup for this very end and deliberately gives false low scores.

While contriwise, good scores are ignored, deemed irrelevant by creditors claiming they will base the decision on a number of factors.

I feel my case will PROVE this as by virtue of my score I HAVE TO be offered minimum prime offers (its irrelevant whether I would be declined for every last one) and it would be in this company's best interest to offer me NOTHING because if I receive so much as one sub sub-prime secured or First Premiere type offer directly attributed to them I will be down their throats so quickly and denouncing them everywhere for the fraud they are. And anybody who knows me is aware I won't let up!