Wothknowing.com--It's a joke!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Zaphod, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

I was just wondering whatsup with Worthknowing.com! My wife has decent credit with a decent FICO score. When I pulled up the "non-official" copy of her Trans-Union report and the scoring system they use rated her as a 5 out of 100! Is this a joke? Or is this a model that Worthknowing uses rather than Trans-Union. She has 1- 30 day late and one charge off in 11/95 so her score couldn't be so pathetically low! Also does TU have a scoring system that the use? Thanks a million!

--->Zaphod

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Fortunately, it is a joke...alot of folks get a 5. Their scoring system is on the "pin the tail on the scale" model. Someone recently posted that it may be a conspiracy, since worthknowing also sells advertising space for loans and CC's and they may get kickbacks to artificially lower your score making you apply for the credit in your "artificially lower range".

-Peace, Dave

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I have accomplished a lot on my TU report...the biggest being getting a judgment deleted. My score the first time I pulled Worthknowing was a 5. TO THIS DAY (although there have been several developments on my TU report) my score is STILL 5!

4. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

So there are others with a "5"!! Not to make light of it, because it's a serious problem, but there must be a common denominator here. Everyone with a 5 on "Worthnothing".com please stand up.

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I thought I was in trouble with a 15!!! My EX and EQ are both over 700. I still can't get TU to send me my score.

Something is surely amiss.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My score has doubled on worthknowing.com

I'm now a 10! That's with just one negative file. I think they pay their bills by promotion sub-prime credit cards.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Used to score 72 - 73 -74 on old scoring system, then they did their great upgrade and started scoring a 5 that went to 10. Now at a whopping 20. Must have been good enough for an instant at US Bank who pulled Trans Union. Received an instant 5K decision.

8. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

Standing!!!! I have a 5 too! I thought dang why is my TU score so high and this thing is low...ha ha

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

5 here too, I honestly don't take the worthknowing score seriously. I just like to pull a updated tu report via worthknowing every week.

10. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

I also have a 5.. w/ an average TU score..

jmart

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

My score was 5 too...lol.

12. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

You know what else is a joke! My spelling! I just realized I spelled Worthknowing incorrect! Please forgive my stupidity, I'm really smrt....I mean smart...

---> Zaphod ;')

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A.K.A. NOT~WORTHKNOWING...

14. realbad

realbad Member

Their site says Free!, but is this one of the places you have to enter your credit card number, and then cancel later? Thanks....

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

No credit cards...

TOTALLY FREE for what it is worth...

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Unless you "refresh" your credit score....

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

For $29.95, I'll tell you the "BACK DOOR" way...

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$5.00 deal is just pure profit for them...

19. timjcathom

timjcathom Well-Known Member

5 here too!

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Delete your account and then reregister.