Would junum.com be able to sol

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim S., Dec 1, 2000.

1. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

All of you know my problem with the account on my credit reports from the thread,
    Problem with MBNA - can I solve this?

Even though MBNA should remove the account, could junum.com either get rid of the account or get rid of the lates? I really don't care which one it is at this point.

I shouldn't have to pay someone to do what MBNA should do for free, but I can't think of anything else to do, outside of threatening MBNA with legal action.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Would junum.com be able to

You have to remember that Junum is not a law firm. They just do disputing for you and analyze your reports. They get your credit report in the best shape possible. In other words, I dont think they can be that helpful. Negotiations is what you need and carreon and associates themselves may be a better option. Plus Junum may take a long time to do this. They dont exactly advertise debt negotiations as their primary job.

roni

3. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

I don't see where debt negotiation applies here. The account is closed. It was never mine. I am just trying to get MBNA to remove a fradulent entry on my credit reports.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

It seems like all Junum is going to do is keep writing letters and dispute, etc. You can do that yourself! I can't remember....have you tried that?

5. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

That is what I have been doing. The problem is MBNA refuses to do anything because all of my security information was intact except the address (due to the fact that it was my mom who opened the account).

The CRAs are not the problem. MBNA is.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You missed my point. Forget the the debt part. You need someone to negotiate, mediate etc. about this dispute. It will probably take them a long time to do this for you if they could. I dont think junum will be very helpful in this matter. But that is just my opinion. And since I dont know much about your situation, (never dealt with MBNA) I will just leave it at that. Good Luck Jim S.

roni

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah....that's right!

If all else fails.....ask them to re-open the account....then dispute the lates....maybe MBNA might be nice since your account is open? I'm just throwing out ideas at this point.

8. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

RE: Oh yeah....that's right!

That is what I am trying to decide. Should I challenge the account itself, or just the lates? Since I know who created the account, I am not worried about more fraud, so both are the same to me.

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I think you should challenge the lates. Since the account is closed, MBNA may not verify. Since it looks like you won't be able to get the account removed, you best bet might be to at least make it a positive entry on your report.

10. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

I think I may try that at this point.

First, I might try MBNA again with the actual situation. I am going to try speaking to a supervisor or their fraud department if they have one. Maybe someone who isn't at their first level of customer service would be more helpful.