WTF, Chase doesnt have Retension!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony V., Jul 20, 2001.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

Called to ask for a Credit Line Increase and or change products to a Platinum Card from the Gold...was told they need information to put into comp. ie, address, etc...said it MIGHT do any hard inquiry but she cant guarantee it...asked to talk to the Retension dept, said hold on and came back and said , we no longer have that department for two months now...i said who approves increases, products change? she said we do Customer Service....i then asked well if i DO request this right now how long does it take to get back 5-7 days....who approves it , a pause of 30sec and says Credit Dept!!! what a joke

anybody know whats the best way of getting a product change or increasing the limit with this bank?

Tony Verrengino
    san diego ca

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY APPLYING FOR A SECOND CARD...when I asked for a credit line increase by e-mail, they e-mailed me back saying call the 800#, so I did...they said they will do a request, but could NOT guarantee that a "HARD" inquiry won't happen...SO I SAID IT'S NOT WORTH IT...FORGET IT!!!

...SO I APPLIED FOR A SECOND CARD...NO INFORMATION YET...

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have 4 accounts with Chase. Exercise your credit and you won't have to ask for an increase. All my lines are over $10,000.

www.creditsense.com