wtf did I apply for cap one?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Slee, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

Well, I have no idea why I did it but I aplied for a cap one preapproved card online. It has no annual fee, 0% for 6 months, and a go to rate of 14.9%. This was not the "no hassle" card btw. I guess I was feeling weak:) I fully expected some sort of toy card line, such as a $300-$500 limit. I just called them and found out I was approved for 2k. Unreal. I currently have a Chase Perfect card (8k limit), BofA Platinum ($3500 limit), Citi Platinum Select ($4200 limit) Citi Plat Upromise ($4200 limit) and now a Capital One Plat (2k limit). I guess Cap one is feeling generous as of late. I'm done for now. As soon as my HELOC hits my credit, my score will do a nose dive for sure. Oh well, I wont need anything for a long time.

2. gli

gli Active Member

I got the same offer and prayed for the $2000 limit. The card arrived today with a $500 limit, oh well, it's better than $300. A week after I received the offer via email, I received another pre-approved card offer in the mail. I wonder if they'd give me another card with a $500 limit if I sent in this application. The mail-in offer has prettier card designs, including Van Gogh's Starry Night.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My wife wanted that card...they sent SILVER/GREY CARD

I got the BEACH card

I may trade it for the LIGHTNING card