WTF!? Eqiufax and PricvacyGuard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gagliano3, Sep 11, 2003.

1. gagliano3

gagliano3 Well-Known Member

WTF!?!?!?

I pulled PrivacyGuard last week saw many good accounts in Equifax with some bad accounts (included in Bankruptcy)

I just pulled Eqiufax online directly from Eqiufax... it shows all bankruptcy accounts (one I will dispute because it still shows past due and no mention of BK!) BUT! no other good accounts that I saw on PrivacyGuard... WTF?

Can anyone tell me what is accurate report to pull from?????????????

Thanks!
    Thomas Gagliano

2. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Equifax is the actual source of the information PG is reporting.

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

You'd think EQ would be more accurate but.. since they've revamped their online report, information is missing.

I've got zero hard inquiries according to EQ and the same two appearing on my PG. So in my case, the PG is more accurate.

4. gagliano3

gagliano3 Well-Known Member

Re: WTF!? Eqiufax and PrivacyGuard

I just found out why... The one I pulled from PrivacyGuard is with my correct date of birth while Eqiufax website pulled up with my wife's date of birth instead of mine... Duh! so I called Equifax this afternoon and they will combine the 2 files into 1 after I send them a copy of my driver's license showing correct date of birth.

My correct DOB file shows all good accounts and 5 INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY with mid 550's score while my incorrect DOB shows ONLY 5 INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY and a score of 470! (Hence is why all the missing good accounts!)

Whew!

Thanks!
    Thomas Gagliano

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: WTF!? Eqiufax and PrivacyGuard

I'M ALWAYS AMAZED THAT YOU MUST PROVE WHO YOU ARE...AND HOW OLD YOU ARE...AND WHERE YOU LIVE...BUT THE COMPANIES THAT REPORT HAVE TO PROVE NOTHING!!!!!!!!! AND THE CRA'S HAVE TO CONFIRM NOTHING BEFORE THEY REPORT IT!!!!!!!

6. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sending my proof of who I am for the THIRD time to Experian.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" a CRA can HARD DELETE an item so it won't ever come back...WHY CAN'T A CRA MAKE YOUR INFORMATION NON CHANGEABLE WITH-OUT YOUR DOING IT YOUR-SELF???

Like have multiple passwords...

The first and last name of the cousin of the family across the street in 1969 that lived in a state that starts with M....and name the 3 kids (in age order)
    that lived across the street in 1969...and name the profession that the parents had...and the name of their dentist...and the kind of dog that they had that loved to eat bumble bees...

ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED 100% CORRECT OR NO CHANGES...

8. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Yep. I just got a "non" validation back from a credit card company. they say, "sorry, we don't have an application - this was done over the phone. Phone number is X"

(I did a reverse lookup on the phone number and it belongs to some woman I've never heard of but I don't know how long she's had the number)

So now, I'm think what letter do I send back in response to this? They basically admitted they can't validate, but also said they can't "remove data that was reported accurately"

By the way, Experian is the only CRA that hasn't already deleted this account. Go figure. What a surprise.

Got to go find a letter to make them send me a UDF I guess.