WTH happened to CN?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jenz123, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jenz123

jenz123 Well-Known Member

everyone is gone, my logon was screwed for MONTHS, etc, etc, etc...

i went thru LB withdrawal!!!

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Not everyone is gone. But a lot of us don't have as much time to post as we used to. This site is very slow, as well.

And it's not the same without lb and GEORGE!!

3. jenz123

i am soooo mad george went to the other side......

i decided to hit all current threads with no replies :):) and i am going to check in at least once per day to answer questions.

its the least i can do for all CN did for me.

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I wish I could, but I just don't have the time with work and school. Add that I have dial up from home and this site is slow, and you'll see why I'm not around as much.

I'm hoping to get high speed internet within the next few months, then I'll try to check in a little more.

5. jenz123

Hedwig, hedwig,hedwig.

you are supposed to be doing something for school, not playing on creditnet.

i'm afraid i have to tell your teacher and this is going on your permanent record!

LOL :):):)

now get back to work!

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

You're right--I'm supposed to be doing a paper!!

But I DON'T WANNA!!!

I'd rather be playing with the internet and my friends here and at AoC.

OK, OK, Mommy, I'll be good now!!! Don't tell on me!!!

7. Malik

Malik New Member

You don't know me yet, and I doubt I'll be around a whole bunch, or certainly not for the long-term, anyway, but hereâ??s a brief introâ?¦

I'm currently consulting with CN regarding their consumer website, etc. For the near-term, anyway, I'll be researching, analyzing, and making numerous suggestions to CN management for improving their site and this forum, among other things.

At any rate, Iâ??m not at the point of really focusing on the forum yet, as Iâ??m just now getting acclimated regarding the entire CN website and business, but a cursory glance-through indicates a number of noteworthy points, such asâ?¦

â?¢ This forum seems to be a tremendous resource with a very long history.
    â?¢ The forum appears to be considerably less active now than previously.
    â?¢ It would seem the forum has been utterly neglected by CN management, which certainly accounts, at least in part, for the forumâ??s apparent depreciation and lower participation.

I suppose a number of remedial actions would likely serve to revitalize this forum, possibly bringing it back to or even surpassing itâ??s previous glory. I donâ??t know what all of those are, and Iâ??m certain you all would better know them than any CN new-comer/consultant anyway, but I can at least guess at the most obvious ones, such as, a painfully slow server would kill any Internet-based service all by itself in todayâ??s world!

Based on my quick initial â??walk-throughâ??, I will plan on spending some focused time and effort understanding what makes this board tic, or what used to make it tic, and determining what steps CN might take to improve the ambiance around here. As previously mentioned, Iâ??m not at that point now, and I wonâ??t probably know what that timeline will look like for a week or two, but I can tell you it should certainly happen, and I hope sooner than later.

In the meantime, I will definitely appreciate any and all comments regarding improvements you all would like to see here, as well as other relevant thoughts you might choose to share. Iâ??ll at least check in and read this feedback forum as time permits, though I may not be able to answer (m)any of your posts for now, as explained above.

Thanks for your time, and Iâ??ll at least see to it that CN management gains a greater understanding of, and appreciation for this board, as well as recommend additional resources be deployed to at least enhance the server speed, and hopefully to include some of your forthcoming suggestions as well.

Sincerely,

cn-Jake

ps. Iâ??ll make a more official post or posts when the timing is right ala my contract with CN and considerations re their other initiatives, etc.

8. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I think the speed has a lot to do with it. Also, over a year ago, the former moderator left and some new mods were chosen from the membership. They still posted under the names they had always used. There were a lot of hard feelings about who was chosen. If you look back into that history, you may get some insight. A lot of the "vets" left and started a new board. Several others have spawned from that, the largest being Art of Credit.

I had been lurking for several years when all of this happened, and just started posting. I hated it that everyone left. The ones that stayed have left over the intervening months because of the slowness of the site and because the level of participation has decreased. They don't seem to realize it's precisely because everyone left.

I don't post here much anymore, either. I have a dial up connection at home, and this site is almost impossible to deal with on dial up. I also have a lot going on at work and in my personal life.

Even though I now post on another board as well, I always think of this as "home." But like home, you often can't go back. It's just not the same.

I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope that this site can become the vital, active site it once was.

9. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about something today. In my efforts to avoid writing my paper for school, I set out to see how many members have NEVER posted. I found it interesting that 4500 or more members have never posted. And you don't have to join to read the forums.

That has lead me to wonder why so many people would join but never post.

I also wondered why the main screen says we have over 12,000 members, but when I do a member list the number listed is under 10,000 (980 pages at 10 per page).