www.richdad.com??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Aug 22, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Ender,
    I have been in the process of designing a website. I have also been investing in rental properties, slowly but surely. The funny things is that I dont even own a home yet. That is going to happen in the next couple of months. I am very interested in creative financing techniques at this point. I can see how quickly my own good credit will not hold up in the lendors eyes. Do you have any suggestions for RE investing? Maybe some good reference materials?

By the way, here is a link for a rebuttal from Robert Kiyosoki about the John T Reed opinion...

http://www.mastermindforum.com/kiyosakiresponsetoreed.htm

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I agree totally with GoDaddyo. The Rich Dad series is not a get rick quick scheme. It purely about educated the mind on becoming financially literate. By this, he does not mean traditional accounting/finance definitions; however, true definitions in relation to one's actual budget/cash flow stream. As previously stated, the series promotes being on the business owner and investor side of the quadrant. In others words, developing businesses that can exist without you running the daily show and also investing be it real estate or the stock market.

The other important key concept, whcih I believe was mentioned, revolves around the transition from the Industrial Age to the Information Age. With this transition, it is no longer safe to think that big business will take care of you during your retirement. One should take control of their own retirement plans as companies continue to cut back on employee benefits.

Mike G.

Thanks for the list of books to read.

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Well, I have just begun to read the review by John Reed. It definitely has raised a few eyebrows but does not stain what I believe at the center of the three books (read previous post). I do believe that perhaps they series is built so that you have to read all of the books to get the whole picture.

Mike G.

4. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

MikeG,
    Dont forget to read the rebuttal that I posted written by Mr. Kiyosoki. It makes sense! By the way, I beleve that you are right in your theory about reading the entire RICH DAD series. I am certain that there are many books to come. The book titled Tax Loopholes is awesome.