X.Com email

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 4, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

We I finally received the dreaded email about the lovely 12.00 service charge for what once was free checking. I also saw they have the right to close any accounts with a zero balance, hmmm wonder what will be next, will they make us pay our Overdraftprotection balance immediately or what?? Just wondering if they could acutally try that? This bank is unbelievable

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I owe them 176.00 on my overdraft and I can't wait until my next payday so that I can pay them off and be rid of them.

3. Greyfox39

Greyfox39 Guest

I got flamed on this board way back at the beginning of the X.Com mania when I pointed out that the bank they were using was in a town with 700 population, and I wondered whether they would be able to live up to their promises.

I never opened an account with them.

4. SierraGirl

SierraGirl Guest

I have to say this was a good bank in the beginning but it got ugly quickly. Every time I would stay at a particluar hotel in Las Vegas, it would take me 5 days & count less phone calls to get the pre-authorization off my card. It got to be so frustrating I took all of my money out of my account. I recently opened an account at another on-line bank, Compu Bank. Hopefully this will be better.

5. William Wa

William Wa Guest

What will happen at any bank when you use a visa check card, especially at hotels, since they do a preauthorization on your card that is not released for 5 days, and usually do it for the room rate x the number of days plus 20%.

6. SierraGirl

SierraGirl Guest

Actually that was not what happened. They released the hold and then put another hold on the account later the same day. I usually use my Visa credit card for hotels, but wanted to try the X card. Pre-authorizations usually take less than 2 days to come off. X.com will not take off the pre-authorizations unless you have the hotel/rental car company call. This has happened more than once. The first time it happened I thought it was a clitch, but it happened one more with the hotel & the rental car company. Needless to say, out of the cards I do have, X.com is the worse when it comes to re-solving customer service related issues.