X.com line of credit - bye bye

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Sep 29, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Well that was rather abrupt of x.com to have to wake up to "No more line of credit!" geez. could have warned us sooner.

Oh well on another note , got an aria persona card just a second ago. My credit is uber crappy, just 1 good trade line from capitalone for the last 6 months.

hay X.com - kiss my a$$ im gonna dump my money in my wachovia account now.

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

RE: X.com line of credit - bye

Yep, so much for redefining banking. Before you know it, they'll announce no more online access! <sheesh>

Peace,

Barry

3. Bart

Bart Guest

What a bummer, I just got my account with NetBank..Bye Bye X

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Bye bye x.com. What's the point if they can't function like a bank...loans, loc's.

5. Chuck J.

Chuck J. Guest

Barry, do you think that outstanding checks will bounce as of today? I have a couple of small checks out there and the x.com "banking functionality" is unavailable at the moment and I can't deposit any money to cover the checks.
    You know, x.com was never exactly consistent or stable in their policies, but this is really laughable. I can't imagine getting a notice like this from a "real" bank.
    I can see no advantage to having a bank that is so quick to leave their customers hanging in the wind.
    What exactly is the point of x.com now anyway?

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

As far as I am concerned, X.com are a bunch of rip-off artists. I had just paid off my line of credit this morning (to avoid interest charges). The "announcement" appeared in my Yahoo! Bulk Mail folder (where spam is automatically forwarded) at 12 noon today. It was dated Thursday.

When I called to complain, and ask that my payment be returned to me, as I certainly wouldn't have paid it off if I knew I wasn't going to be able to use the line of credit, I was essentially patronized, and told that the transaction "couldn't be reversed."

In a phrase, X.com sucks. I will no longer recommend them to anyone and I am seriously considering never utilizing PayPal again, either. And my money is going back to my Security First Network Bank account (a REAL online bank!!!).

Thanks for listening, folks, and may everyone's day be better and more prosperous,
    Cindy

Chuck J. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Barry, do you think that outstanding checks will bounce as of today? I have a couple of small checks out there and the x.com "banking functionality" is unavailable at the moment and I can't deposit any money to cover the checks.
    You know, x.com was never exactly consistent or stable in their policies, but this is really laughable. I can't imagine getting a notice like this from a "real" bank.
    I can see no advantage to having a bank that is so quick to leave their customers hanging in the wind.
    What exactly is the point of x.com now anyway?

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

x.com sucks plain and simple. they could have given us advance notice. they should be reported to the fdic. what if someone had checks written against the line of credit. now they are left hanging. this is a fly by the night bank. and they are totally unprofessional. they have just lost me as a customer. i will continue to pay my loc but minimum payment and stretch it out as long as possible. i am pissed. i tried to call to complain but they have recording saying they can't handle the call volume no wonder everyone is pissed and calling to complain and they are conveniently ignoring their calls. this bank truly sucks.....

8. Turiyan go

Turiyan go Guest

Its the ANTI-TRUST SUIT!!

Man this is too much. This means one thing. They know visa and master-card will get the axe with the anti trust suit.

This means a few things. One of them:

The extorition of high fee's for debit card merchant account transactions is over. Prepare to see debit cards obsolete.

At least the little guys. Thats my prediction at least. I was just telling someone about this a few days about and boom...

Notice all the desperation with CC companys? Capital one is going telemarketing. They hae operations in florida (probably for bankrupsy protection) now.

Peshaw. When the market opens up to deregulation...........

9. Turiyan go

Turiyan go Guest

Yeah whats the point?

BarryN - CreditMania.com wrote:
    Yep, so much for redefining banking. Before you know it, they'll announce no more online access! <sheesh>

Peace,

Barry

10. Turiyan go

Turiyan go Guest

I'd be real weary of keeping money with an online bank.... I just read a news report that says courts are having no problem processing dot.com bankruptsys because they basiclly have no assets.

Stuff like this may force people to pull all their funds out leaving the bank high and dry.

Its too bad because x.com really gave me some good deals. More on that later. :)

I'm having problems with capital one but I know they will be panned out....

Newcomer wrote:
    Bye bye x.com. What's the point if they can't function like a bank...loans, loc's.

11. Turiyan go

Turiyan go Guest

Well you know what follows with stuff like this? Class action lawsuits.

I'd hate to be a visa or m/c exec. right now. Its about to hit the rotating occilator.

joe wrote:
    x.com sucks plain and simple. they could have given us advance notice. they should be reported to the fdic. what if someone had checks written against the line of credit. now they are left hanging. this is a fly by the night bank. and they are totally unprofessional. they have just lost me as a customer. i will continue to pay my loc but minimum payment and stretch it out as long as possible. i am pissed. i tried to call to complain but they have recording saying they can't handle the call volume no wonder everyone is pissed and calling to complain and they are conveniently ignoring their calls. this bank truly sucks.....

12. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

joe wrote:
    i tried to call to complain but they have recording saying they can't handle the call volume no wonder everyone is pissed and calling to complain and they are conveniently ignoring their calls. this bank truly sucks.....

Joe,

As I mentioned above, their so-called "Customer Care" department was rude, patronizing, and unprofessional toward me. It isn't even worth the bottle of Maalox you'd need to drink after speaking with these bozos!!! That'll teach me not to try to save interest $$ by paying off my OD protection balance in full....

Cheers,
    Cindy

13. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Turiyan gold - What?

What?.......Has M/C and visa got to do with X.com's LOC cancellation? And what's all the secret info you are not telling us? (You have implied this in several messages in this thread).

Joe, If they allow checks to bounce that were written before today, I would say you ought to have a case. I do not feel there was enough lead time on the announcement. I'd be finding a good lawyer that handles Class Actions.

Peace,

Barry

14. Len

Len Guest

Well, it was a rollercoaster ride while it lasted, but with X.Com you were never sure where the heck it was going and it switched directions way too often.
    I withdrew all I had in my account today. I wonder what effect this latest twist will have on X.Com's business.
    Anyone for direct deposit of their paycheck? :)

15. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I've never encountered any real problems with X.Com, even though I erroneously predicted that they would go under when they slashed our overdraft protection lines in half. Still, after all this time, I'm still wondering just how far to trust those damned people!

I've never seen a business of any sort as fickle as X.Com, and the drastic changes they've continually made just raises a flag of their instability. Why else would they generate so many rash decisions in such a short time? They've only been in business less than a year, so I can't imagine any other reason than the probability that they're in grave danger of going under. Therefore, any deposits are most likely in danger of being lost.

While X.Com is FDIC insured, getting one's money reimbursed is the end result of a long bureaucratic process, and it could take months or even years to see a cent. I just can't help but think that the depositors might as well put X.Com out of its misery by withdrawing everything and finding a more stable online bank. That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

At any rate, I'm not going to waste any time in getting myself to my bank to write a check and yank everything out. I've probably made a big mistake by investing a large amount of money with X.Com after they didn't go belly-up when I thought they would a few months ago. When daylight comes, I'll be there in a robe and hair rollers!

Although I've never accessed my line of credit with X.Com, the snatching of it from us makes for the straw that broke the camel's back. I DON'T TRUST THEM!