X.COM LOC Repayment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JP, Dec 26, 2000.

1. JP

JP Guest

Just curious, has anyone who had a LOC with X.COM received a bill this month? I know they ceased operations, but I also know they want to be repaid.

Regards,

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

JP--

Come to think of it I have NOT yet received my statement from them....

Cheers,
    Cindy

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Me either and payments are normally due by the 30/31 of the month???

mom

4. Marla

Marla Guest

I received a letter in the mail with the return address block that states EMCC, OWNER OF YOUR X.COM ACCOUNT. Seems that they have sold the lines of credit to someone else. Glad I only need to send them 1 payment to have a zero balance!!!

5. JP

JP Guest

If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive this letter.

6. lisa

lisa Guest

I just received the same letter. I got it on Saturday.

7. JP

JP Guest

OK thanks, then I should expect to receive one either today or sometime this week.

JP

8. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I'll be looking for it too. Thanks for the reminder post, JP, what with the holidays and all I had forgotten completely about that Scrooge-like company.

Cheers,
    Cindy

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I sent in the full amount and still received a bill for 2.54!!!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just got mine today

Just got it today, now of course today is the 26th and it is due by Jan 1, now how in the world do they think people can send this in on time?????

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

X.COM - Want Me to Drive By?

Hi all - hey Mom:

Do you all want me to drive by their "office" in Palo Alto and check for a VACANCY SIGN?

That X.com was a fiasco!!!!
    Glad I'm outta there.

Dogman

12. Killer

Killer Guest

What is LOC Repayment?

13. JP

JP Guest

RE: Just got mine today

Mom

I just received it today. It is due on 01/01, but its not a big deal as I've already written the check and mailed it. I have a general rule of paying a bill the day I receive it.

JP

14. average jo

average jo Guest

LOC means line of credit,and needs to be paid back according to the terms of loan agreement.This is just another type of revolving line of credit.

15. Nevo

Nevo Guest

Hey, just because you don't get a bill in the mail doesn't mean you don't owe a payment.

If you're going to be late, call them and explain the situation and ask them to extend your payment deadline. Most reputable lenders will do this in cases where a bill was received late. BUT DON'T IGNORE IT! If you take the initiative and are pleasant to talk to on the phone, explain the situation, and ask for help, my experience has been that most creditors (believe it or not) can be quite reasonable in this regard.

-Nevo

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nobody is trying to get out of paying their bill. We were just concerned because these bills were mailed out very late that's all.