x.com=new announcement...again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alex, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

for those of you who have not checked your e-mails, check it. x.com has made new adjustments. for one, your full deposit (up to $2500) will no longer be available the 2nd business day. they will now hold all funds, after your first $100.00, until the 5th business day...so make sure you check your calendar before you send our your checks...and of course, there is more.

2. kay

kay Guest

RE: x.com=new announcement...a

I got an email too. It doesn't look good. It looks like they're having cashflow problems. I'm keeping my account to see what happens but I only have $30.00 in it. I hope they work things out. It's a great concept.

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Oh yeah. X.Com is getting stodgier by the week. Adding a slew of regulations and restrictions. This is certainly not the open and innovative institution that enticed "Mr. Offshore" me to join.

I can get the same treatment at my corner bank only their customer service will be a hell of alot better and quicker and they won't hold funds nearly this long. The current line/excuse is that they are facing a cash crunch. Yet they've maintained all along very publicly that they have skads of money behind them. Can't have it both ways so which is it?

As for the innovative structures such as no fee market funds this is offset by having to use snail mail to deposit funds where it will be held and held versus an online competitor who has a brick and mortar base with ATM's.

All I can say is this is no 5* bank the "Creditmaniacs" annointed it with and the worst is yet to come.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Of all the bank accounts that I hold and have held, this is the only bank that has made more changes (ie: policies and terms)than I can think of. Every other week, they seem to come up with something new that show their true colors. I am glad I listened and withdrew most of my funds (all except $10.00).

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I still have my account. I have only used it to EARN FREE miles by making deposits with my United Miles credit card. As a "creditmaniac" I have been able to build my account with their funds to almost $100. My objective was to manage money and I am able to still do that. The no minimum Funds continue to be a major plus. If they ever change that part of the concept, I may change my opinion.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. Len

Len Guest

I believe in this bank's future and I'm risking the entire $11 left in my account on it. I anxiously await what will be revealed in their next bi-monthly policy change:)

7. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Why you are a high flying risktaker, just a fool with his money :) Guess that makes me Diamond Jim Brady with my 'hoard' of $20.02 laying forth as a colusses.

Bi-monthly policy changes in such a staid and hoary industry you'd think they were revolutinaries, that is until you see that every change makes them more and more conservative and more like the rest without their inherent advantages. If X.Com is attempting to destroy itself it sure is going about it the right way.

8. Caroline

Caroline Guest

Should I pull out of X.com? I have over 7 thousand dollars in this account and use this account to pay all my bills. I also have their S & P fund which is doing pretty good. I've never had a problem but cant afford to lose this money cuz I'm living only on child support money.

9. kay

kay Guest

living only on child support??

7000 in the account and you live only on child support? How much does your exhusband make?? I got 151.00 for 2 kids, when one turned 18 I now receive 123.00. I am responsible for 68% of the support. In regards to xcom I wouldn't keep alot of money in there, there's too many horror stories. They haven't reduced my credit limit YET but you never know. Remember when they emailed some of us about the decrease of the credit limit, it was talked about it on this board. The ones that didn't receive the email YET were so supportive of x com--- until they got the email. Just be careful. I know if my account was frozen for up to three weeks it would hurt, I have employees to pay and continue to put most of my money in my local bank. If xcom straightens up I would use them but not until I hear better things about them. I'm keeping 30.00 in it thats all.

10. Caroline

Caroline Guest

RE: living only on child suppo

I get money anytime from my husband. we are not legally separated cuz he doesnt want to pay for a lawyer and so I spend and he pays. We have 5 kids and he would DIE for them. We just cant live together. We still love each other.

I've decided to keep my money in x.com cuz they are very nice to me. I called them up. I really like this bank so I'll stick it out with them cuz I like them.

11. kay

kay Guest

x.com is nice to me too.

The people I spoke to on the phone were very nice and helpful. When I asked about the problems they said "be patient, we're new, things will work out". That's fine but when it's my money they have I can't trust them completely based on what they've done (lowering credit limits, freezing accounts, now waiting 5 days for a deposit to post) it looks like they don't have much money. Just keep reading the posts on here and be careful with your money even if its unlimited, you wouldn't want it tied up for long. Good luck.

Kay Baker
    kay.baker@usa.net

12. Pissed off

Pissed off Guest

it's women like you who are a drain to men all over the country. I give my ex 180.00 a month, and she is lucky she gets that, spending it on booze, and cigarettes. She is afraid to take me to court to get more, b/c I told her if she did, I'd start a custody battle, and I have money and she doesnt, b/c she wastes it.

13. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Although we didn't have children, my ex-wife felt entitled to all sorts of things as 'compensation' since I wasn't going be around to help pay for all of her 'needs' like expensive adventure vacations abroad, supporting her financially irresponsible children from her first marriage, dining out every night if I didn't feel like cooking because she wouldn't cook, the cleaning service, and exquisite new furniture.

She makes about $75,000 a year and lives in a house with no mortgage on it. I gave her the beach house which pays for itself through rentals in the summer, but she has the other 9 months a year to use it. She got to keep all her assets including a brand-new $24,000 Nissan Maxima that was paid for in cash, her 401K, her company stock, her profit sharing, her pension, her IRA, her other stocks, her jewelry, the house and all of its contents (including the exquisite new furniture), the beach house and all of its contents (where the old exquisite furniture wound up), and her art collection, yet that just wasn't enough. Fortunately I had a good lawyer and her's had enough common sense to not press matters further. She wound up with no debt and I had to go into debt to start all over again. I'm actually happy and not at all bitter with the settlement, but she is because I agreed to it without much of a fight, so she thinks she could have gotten more.

It's no wonder there are alot of angry men who feels abused because they are seen as an open candy jar that can just be dipped into at any moment.

Okay, I'm done venting.

14. TMP

TMP Guest

This is for P'd off and J.Edgar. I my self am a woman and I agree with you two. Women like your wife J. Edgar love to marry, divorce then clean you out like a candy dish. I am married and I sure as hell wouldn't ask for any money. I see it this way..if you had nothing when you first got married..you leave the same way. If you already have a job making a whole s**t load of money you do not need money from your man. If you marry, never worked a day in your life, then you divorce and want alimony..you can find a $5.00/hr job flipping hambergers all day and leave the damn man alone. Or how about this one..I was accustomed to living this way..b***h!!! You came into the frigging marriage broke you leaving broke!!! I hate money groubing women
    They give decent women a bad rep. OK I'm done.