x.com=no more new accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alison, Oct 2, 2000.

1. alison

alison Guest

Just spoke with a rep at x.com...they are no longer accepting new customers. The rep claims they will now start focusing on Paypal.

Also, if you want to close your x.com account you have to send a letter (snail mail) to somewhere in PA.

Good Luck!

Alison

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear it though, it was a good bank to have an extra account with, at least in the begining.

I think most of the millions of people that joined X.com did it mostly for the free bonus that they were offering when they first started and also for the high interest rates that they started paying customers for depositing over $1000+ into your account, now all of that is gone and they keep changing the rules almost weekly, so naturally a lot of people are leaving X.com, so you're right, it's time to move on!

I also have an account with compubank, they're a very solid and reliable bank and they stick with their terms of service.

There's plenty of good online banks out there willing to help us, just do a little research on the major search engines. Good luck!

Regards,
    Alex.

--------------
    Free Credit Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Does anyone know if Compubank, will open an account if you have a paid ChexSystem entry from two years ago? Thanks in advance, TommyC

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Compubank and Chexsystem

My wife totaled my credit when we first were married. When we relocated to N. VA she left an unpaid account in Pittsburgh. None of the banks in the area would approve me for a single bank account after checking the Chexsystem. So I went online and both Netbank and SFNB turned me down, but Compubank approved me instantly online.

Now, I have beeen approved for a Netbank and SFNB, but am staying with Compubank for their great service, ATM rebates, and free wire transfers.

Mike G

5. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Thanks, Mike G.

Thanks Mike,
    I currently have a credit union account, but they don't as of yet have online transactions beyond a web page presence. No bill paying features and such, and worse of all, no secured credit cards. I have had 3 secured loans with them about 4 years ago, but since paying off a collection four months ago, I haven't been able to advance to a prime unsecured card yet.
    I have an account with a two local banks, but their fees are outrageous. Once again, thanks for the insight. TommyC

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks, Mike G.

I still have my account with X.com and will keep it as long as they keep allowing me to have a no minimum balance and investing in funds with no minimum. I am also a PayPal business account owner and I am very satisfied with their service.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. Jim R.

Jim R. Guest

read it and weep

This email is to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions under
    which First Western National Bank provides banking services through the X
    Finance website. These changes will take effect on November 1, 2000.

Monthly Account Fee
    All accounts with an average monthly balance of less than $100 will be
    assessed a $12 monthly maintenance fee. The initial fee will be assessed
    on November 1st and subsequently on the first business day of each month.

ATM Rebate
    Third party ATM surcharges will be reimbursed only for accounts with an
    average monthly balance of $100 or more.

Also, we reserve the right to close an account if you maintain a zero
    balance.

Please review our revised Terms and Conditions at
    https://signup.x.com/help_termsofuse.asp for more information.

8. William Wa

William Wa Guest

Compubank RE: x.com=no more ne

Let me add to your kind words about Compubank.

This bank rocks. They offer features and capabilities with the online interface that put every other bank I have dealt with to shame. I have accounts at 6 online banks currently, and Compubank is heads and above them all. And now they will be soon be offering free outgoing ACH transfers, so I can offer my independent contractors and affiliates direct deposits of their earnings, and Compubank doesn't charge for this.

This bank just keeps getting better and better, and they keep adding more and more features and capabilities. And they keep their promises. Their Customer service is actually responsive and KNOW what they are talking about, unlike X.com.

I could go on and on, but Compubank is one of the best banks I have dealt with.

William Walsh

9. William Wa

William Wa Guest

RE: Thanks, Mike G.

Tommy:

I had a client with a bad cheksystems report from Bank of America, that really was not her fault. She was initially rejected by Compubank, but called and talked to the new accounts department and explained her situation to them, and 2 days later they approved her for a new account anyway.

So even if you do get rejected, don't give up, just give them a call.

William Walsh

10. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: Thanks, Williams

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll let you know how I make out. TommyC