X.Com Question - Help!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chuck J., Oct 5, 2000.

1. Chuck J.

Chuck J. Guest

I wrote to x.com to close my account and arrange payments on my overdraft protection. They say that to close my account, my overdraft balance must be zero and I have to pay the monthly fee in order to make payments on my balance. I can't pay my balance off, I need to make monthly payments. But it looks like they are going to charge me 12 bucks a month to do so.
    What did I do to deserve this?
    Is this legal?
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I know I'm dumb.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry Chuck, you can't close your account unless you pay off you ODP in full and since you can't which many can't, most were using for a line of credit and X.com out put a sudden and no warning halt to that, anyway unforunately you will have to keep your account open until that is paid off and since that is the case they will charge you twelve dollars a month. i know it stinks big time. I understand you can't pay it all at once, but try to pay this off quickly so they won;t be getting too many 12.00 fees from you. this bank is the most unprofessional bank I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I am paying mine off and closing this puppy.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

The $12 a month service charge doesn't take effect until November 1. One strange clause I found concerning the debit of the $12 mentioned that if the account balance is under $12, they will settle whatever amount is in the account, and the account will not go into overdraft. I hope you'll double check me on this because I was just skimming.

If that's the case, just make sure you keep no more than a penny in your account. Otherwise, you'll have to maintain at least $100 to avoid the service charge while paying off your credit line. I'd be wary of keeping that much money in X.Com. You could easily lose it for months or even years when X.Com officially goes under, and you'll still be liable for paying off the credit line.

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Keep $100 in the account till you pay of your line of credit and you will not be charged the $12 monthly fee. I have also asked X.com if the $100 takes into account other X.com balances, anyone know?

http://www.creditsense.com

5. Chuck J.

Chuck J. Guest

I don't know what x.com is up to now, but when I enter my password it says it's incorrect and I can't access my account. Looks like I'm screwed on the monthly fee. I love the idea of paying a monthly fee that's more than twice as much as my local bank just to pay off my debt. Paying a fee to repay money I owe - what a concept. THis bank must have taken lessons from Cross Country.