Y.U.G.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dumb Quest, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Dumb Quest

Dumb Quest Guest

I'm glad that I've found a place that I can ask some questions about credit cards.

First off, both my husband and I have no credit. He wants to start establishing credit, and Capital One has approved him for a limit of $200.00 just recently (He hasn't send the $99 fee yet though) Is this company good for someone like him? Another question about Capital One is that there's a section that says "Both Must Sign For Joint Accounts". His name is already typed there, and there's a place for Co-Applicant Signature. What does this mean? If I sign there, can I get my own card?

OK...this is a question about my situation. I'm a home stay mom but keep receiving this offer from Providian every couple of months. It's for Providian Visa Gold (23.99%, 25 days, $500 limit, $49 for processing fee, $59 for Annual fee....) Should I go for this card? Is this going to help me establish credit? Are they report as unsecured card?

Here is the last question. Let's say, my husband got a credit card from Capital One, but he wants to cancel it for whatever the reason is, can he do that anytime he wants? Is it going to affect his credit?

I know these are kinda dumb questions, but we are so new to this. Thanks

2. Y.U.G.

Y.U.G. Guest

Duh!!!!

My subject is supposed to be my name.... Duh!!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, hello Bobby.

Or should I say booby. G.A.L.

roni

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I don't think this is Bobby...

Go for the Providian. You can get good increases as long as you have no late payments, over the limits, no bounced checks, etc. They're generous. Also, you can negotiate the terms after about 3-6 months of establishing yourself with them. They may come down on the APR.

A Cap One secured is also a good start for establishing your credit.

5. Y.U.G.

Y.U.G. Guest

Well, I'm not Bobby.... Who's

Thank you for your input!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I don't think this is Bobb

To me, it seemed to me the questions were staged. I say that because the questions were asked with the answers in them really. This person to be SO lost had a great handle on what to ask. I mean they had it already laid out. We have these people who come here just to make fun of this whole idea. Like Bobby. If I'm wrong. I am sorry.

roni

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Well, I'm not Bobby.... Wh

u r welcome.

8. Y.U.G.

Y.U.G. Guest

RE: I don't think this is Bobb

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    To me, it seemed to me the questions were staged. I say that because the questions were asked with the answers in them really. This person to be SO lost had a great handle on what to ask. I mean they had it already laid out. We have these people who come here just to make fun of this whole idea. Like Bobby. If I'm wrong. I am sorry.

Oh, OK.... but I am NOT Bobby!!! My husband has NEVER gotten any kind of credit cards before, and I'm originally not from this country, and we have no clue how to start building credit. We are SO lost here....