Yahoo! Board?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 17, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I've heard several references to another board like this one on Yahoo! Anyone got a URL?
    thanks
    AnnMarie

2. AnnMarie

Thank you!

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Yahoo! Board - Signup

Interesting, I went to try that board and it must submit a request to the moderator for my use of the board. Allowed me to create a new account using minimal information and my freemail account, but the hassle of registering new email addresses (even through freemail accounts) could stop the insanity and be a simple solution to this Slim/Bobby stuff...

LK are there as many problems on the Yahoo board with harassing users...if not, let's let pbm (et al) know of the success that Yahoo's registration process has on keeping out the jerks.

-Dave

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Yahoo! Board - Signup

So it is fully moderated, each message is read by the moderator then posted...I thought, once I was granted access, I could post and read a board like this one. That sounds like alot of work for a moderator to go through...But using that type of registration on this board could still be a solution here. What do you think?

-Dave

5. AnnMarie

What we've done in the past on mailing lists where trolling was a huge problem was to leave it UNmoderated unless you were new and then your posts were moderated until you were 'proven' so to speak. The great thing about mailing lists is you can boot people asap after an incident.
    Also, you can change email addresses but you can't change IP's, correct?
    AnnMarie

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

No actually IP addresses are only fixed in certain circumstances. Most dial-up IP's are assigned each time you dial in and are different each time. Also the recent attacks here have been from someone using a proxy server through an AOL account. Everyone using AOL in that manner may appear as if they are using the same IP but are not so the IP does not define the person in that case.

Anyway, I hope we do not continue to let these individuals disrupt and attack legit posters like Roni and others.

-Dave

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I use different IP's on yahoo boards. Same identity, though.