YAHOO CHAT!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody:

Since there have been issues with shady characters logging in to Creditmania chat and causing problems, a few of us have decided to use Yahoo for chat instead. We feel that it's a safer and better way to chat. So here's what you need to do:

Go to Yahoo Messanger's site and download and install Yahoo Messanger: http://messenger.yahoo.com/

When the download is about to start, make sure you select 'RUN' and not save file. Then proceed to download. Then after you download and install, lauch the application and it will prompt you to log in. If you don't have a Yahoo ID, under "New User?" select "Get a Yahoo ID". It will lead you through the process to create an ID. Once you have an ID, you are set! Then on Sunday, I or anyone else who wants to start it off can create a room. Then I'll post something on Creditnet stating that a chat is in session and if you want to join, post your ID so that you can be invited. They key is that you have to be invited by someone to join the chat room. This will prevent any questionable characters from entering under false pretenses, etc.

So hurry up and get your ID's so that we can start chatting! We don't have to limit chat to Sunday's. It can be a nightly thing if you like.

Happy Chatting People!

MP$40

2. ShotCredit

ShotCredit Guest

You might want to think twice about doing the Chat on Yahoo Chat.
    I say that because there are some "boot happy" hackers over there whose idea of a good time is to boot as many chatters as is possibe from Yahoo Chat and it is only getting worse.

One of my sisters lives in CA and works for Yahoo and she says the booting thing has got WAYYYY out of hand.

I chat at Yahoo sometimes and I can tell you - it IS getting worse. If you have the chat there, be prepared to download a program like Stay Alive 2000 because you most likely WILL need it at one point or another.

I love Yahoo Chat, but these boot happy people are really messing with Yahoo Chat. Even the folks at Yahoo HQ are NOT happy about it.

It's up to yall.

ShotCredit

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey shot,
    We were using the IM chat client - Yahoo Messenger. Is that what you are talking about, or is there a java chat at yahoo also?

breeze

4. Cadillac408

Breeze

Yes, on Yahoo (through your web browser) they have a site http://chat.yahoo.com/ that you can go to for chat (using either java or html). But I'm sure that we are safe seeing that we are using the actually Yahoo Messenger Application itself for chat.

and FYI.......you can access chat rooms on Yahoo's site by using your Messenger application also (by just clicking on the *chat* button in your messenger window). I prefer to chat though Messenger than through the site. Seems safer and that way I don't have to tie up my web browser.

5. ShotCredit

ShotCredit Guest

Re: Breeze

OK.
    If you think IM is worth the download, fine.
    Sis didn't mention Instant Messenger. We were just discussing chatting via Internet Explorer.

Where ever yall decide to chat, I'd like to be part of it if I may.

ShotCredit

6. Cadillac408

Re: Breeze

Give me your Yahoo ID. I'll add you to my list. Then when we have a chat, someone will post something on board letting everyone know and then you can reply and ask to be invited. If you are already on line, I'll just invite you.