Yahoo Fund Transfer service

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

"Funds Transfer - Terms of Service

[...]

By clicking on the 'I Agree' button, you authorize us to obtain from a credit reporting agency information about your credit history."
    ========================================================

Which report do they pull, and does it register as a hard inquiry?

Saar

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Yahoo Fund Transfer servic

INQUIRY FOR WHAT PURPOSE???

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I haven't used the fund transfer service - stopped short at the same point you are. Do you want to use it to transfer money to a broker? You can do just about anything (except transferring to a broker) with PayDirect without using the transfer service. You can go bank to bank, card to card, bank to card, and if you're sneaky, card to bank (use your check card ;)

breeeze

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Probably for verification.

Haven't clicked the "I agree" yet, since I can't risk them touching my Transunion.

Saar

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks breeze, but my PayDirect limit is already maxed out earning Amex Sheraton Starpoints :)

Saar

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Then use PayPal - or is that maxed out too? ;)
    Try Cobalt Card... not sure what you want to do.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I'm looking for 'nother one. I'll let you know if/when I find one. C2it charges fees and wants a copy of my phone bill. What the heck?? I have a Citi card registered on there. I don't think so.........

breeze

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Breeze

You seem to have the PayDirect system down cold. How do I put money there then transfer it back to another credit card? I'd like to fund with my mc and refund it to my visa (so it'd pay the balance quickly).

Are you just going in and changing the credit card? Help :)

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Breeze

Go to "edit my account" - you can put 5 accounts there, and you can change them after that. So it's really unlimited. They will put a $20 authorization through when you register a card. They don't charge you $20 - the authorization falls off after a week or so.

If you have any problems I am serenitybreeze on yahoo messenger - I'll be glad to help. :)

breeze

10. William Wa

William Wa Guest

They use Equifax, for verification purposes only.

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

The use the equifax "ID" or "IDENT" style report. It is neither a soft, nor hard inquiry.

It only verifies your name,social,dob,address info.

No credit information is released. Paypal uses the same system, btw. so does cobaltcard, and so does c2it.

12. FatJake

FatJake Guest

So Paydirect actually lets you transfer funds from a card to your account to be later trandfered into a bank account?? Paypal's system wont allow this without using two accounts. The money in paypal can only go directly to a payee..

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yes Yahoo paydirect lets you move it between accounts.

I haven't done it *yet* but I don't see why you couldn't move money into the paypal money market account, leave it there for a while, and then withdraw it. I know you can't get a cash advance, but "add money" and "withdraw" should work. Has anyone tried this?

breeze

14. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

They did an auth for $1 on each card I signed up.

15. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yahoo Paydirect is great. I transfer money from one card to my Cap One cards to max them out so the high credit will show on my reports since they don't report credit limits. You can transfer from CC to your bank account, without paying any cash advance fees (depends on CC company), although Yahoo states not to do this.

MikeB

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

you're right about paypal

you can only "add funds" and "withdraw finds"using a bank account.

breeze