Yeeha! - There is a God!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Sorry, another very exciting day in my quest for good credit! A legitimate charge-off of mine (about 4 months old) has just been updated to reflect "incl in BK"!

I fouhgt with these people for months to get deletion for payment and they wouldn't budge! Last week, I called again and, by miracle, they get on the phone and tell me that it was included in my BK! They went on to do this 3 more times in the ensuing days so what do I do? - Dispute as "incl in BK"!

I called TU middle of last week and threaten lawsuit because this acct is holding up a mtg. They said 30 days, I said NO, right now and gave them the phone number and contact name of the creditor's recovery department.

I've been badgering TU every day since asking for status and they finally told me today that it was verified by telephone and is being updated as $0 balance and "incl in BK".

My only other charge-off remaining has the wrong last name and they haven't responded in 3 weeks to the dispute.

There is a god!

Tom

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats..see..DESPERATION Is the key..refuse to accept.."we'll do it later.." Good for you!

3. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

You bet there is! and Guardian Angels too!

Congratulations Tom!
    tml

4. tmitchell

NanaC....

Your desperation tactic is just one of the many I have learned from this board and used successfully.

Thank you,

Tom

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm so glad..just call me Desperate NanaC..LOL..I remember when I was a teenager that being desperate was a bad thing..LOL

6. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I have fought items as included in bankruptcy and I have not seen a change in any of my scores over this.

7. tmitchell

Heather....

I probably wasn't clear in my original post. My BK was discharged in 1998. I didn't get this card until 1999! It was showing as a 4-month-old $675 charge-off ($300 limit). It will now go away as it will be updated to $0 balance and included in BK.

This will almost surely positively affect my score.

Tom

8. heather

Well, if there is a God, do you think that he would appreciate you lying about a legitamate charge off just to improve your score? Just something to think about. I am not judging you, my credit is terrible, just terrible. Maybe if I cannot improve my score by making the creditors report accurate information, I will resort to your tactics.

I spoke to Capital One today about a 1998 charge off that was settled for less than the full balance. I am sending them an additional $300 in exchange for reporting it as a good account to the bureaus. I think that is what credit repair is about, owning up to your mistakes and fixing them. Obviously, how I think is not the norm on this board.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...But would you insist that the "BAD" accounts be put back on if they were removed by the CRA by mistake???

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

hmmmmm.....

good thing you aren't judging anyone..

lol

11. heather

I am not judging anyone, but do you not think that when someone flat out lies to get an item reporting as they want it to, and the cra finds out that it is not hurting all of us? Is that not fraud? If nothing else, it should at least be an ethics issue.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

How do you not see that as a judgement?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion...I'm not arguing that at all..it was just the statement about not judging..in fact, I'm not arguing anything..but I will honestly share my thoughts that,
    with words like "ethics" and "flat-out lies,"..it's not like we can't figure out your thoughts on it. It may be only me that sees those words as pretty judgemental.

Know what's funny? I'm being judgemental about your judgement. AHAHHAHA..ok, sorry...been a long Wed. Guess I can't win..LOL...

That's all..my opinon on the wrong and right of it will simply stay my opinion..won't be rocking the world with my thoughts on that.

13. heather

He stated that he lied, it was not an assumption made by me.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, once again, my discussion was on your "not judging" comment...not on the wrongs or rights of disputing accurate info...I'm not saying you can't judge either..shoot..we are human..we all do, right? (see my lame previous joke)..just you specifically said you weren't..that's all..

ok..I guess I've talked in enough circles to nauseate the staunchest roller coaster rider..LOL..shhhh, NanaC

15. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I keep wondering why we keep coming back to the question of ethics here. I don't remember anyone asking, "Will I go to hell if I lie on my credit report?" "Am I a bad person because I have legitimate negative info removed from my CR?"

I'm not upset Heather, before you start in. I'm also not trying to "jump down your throat". But I guess my point is, unless asked, ethics/religion should probably be left out of comments for fear of starting a serious flame about it.

It's been discussed a few times here and there never has been and never will be any resolution.

16. heather

I want good credit just as much as anyone else, I am trying to buy a new house, and it is certainly not been easy with our credit reports. Everyone has to do what they feel is right. Maybe I am judging, I think that is wrong to lie like that.

17. heather

He posts that "There is a God" because he lied to make an account that was bad look better. I was not bringing religion into this, I guess I am the only one sees the irony in this.

18. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Nope...you're not the only one to see irony in the statement...you're the only one who commented on it ;)

I just let sleeping dogs lie....no pun intended!

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Heather:

I'm afraid I have to agree with you about lying to creditors or collection agencies or credit bureaus in order to get your credit improved or your score raised.

First of all, it's totally and completely unnecessary and secondly it may very well be a federal offense to lie to a credit bureau (even if many others have so vehemently disagreed with me on this issue) and thirdly, it's just plain morally wrong and stupid.

So no matter what, I tell all that care to listen to me that they should never lie to a credit bureau for any reason. And if they choose to ignore that advice, so be it. It's their problem, not mine.

That's just my opinion. Other people have theirs, and so be that too.

After all, it's a free country, or at least it's supposed to be.

20. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.