Yeeha! - There is a God!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

They are the ones that offered it, not me. Apparently, the account will be reopened and reported from there, since my credit has been excellent of the last year, I imagine that it will show as a good account as soon as it starts reporting all of my payments.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

3. Saar

Saar Banned

These comments was 100% judgmental, and putting "I'm not being judgmental" at the end of each sentence doesn't change that.

If someone determines that what the poster did was in violation of the law, kindly provide the legal citation. If it's not against the law but goes against someone's moral, find a moral board and post it there.

People are here to get credit advice, they're really not interested in what someone believes awaits them in the next world.

Saar

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Exactly. It is up to each person and their own consciences what they do. There are people on here who do and people who don't. We all worry about our own consciences, not the other guy's.

Some feel they are "entitled," since the CRA's and CA's routinely not only do things that are unethical, but illegal. Some would never lie, and do their time, correcting only errors on their reports. Some don't give a hoot what's ethical or unethical. That's up to them. We all use the same techniques and methods, according to our own consciences.

So if one person, whose ethics I disagree with, tells me how to correct the very real erroneous information on my CR, I am just going to take his advice and not critique his ethics or lack of ethics. That's his business.

breeze

5. heather

Well then, why don't we just all run up a bunch of debts, then dispute them all as included in bankruptcy when they were not.

Obviously we are all here because we screwed up some time in the past, I know I am.

"People are here to get credit advice, they're really not interested in what someone believes awaits them in the next world."

I don't believe I ever said anything about "what someone believes awaits them in the next world." If that is the way they choose to go about this, then more power to them. People don't take responsibilty for their own actions anymore. I wasn't the one that brought up God to begin with.

If you think what was done was right, I guess that is your problem and not mine, it is my opinion and you are not likely to change that.

Breeze, from what I have seen there is hundreds of ways to dispute negative and inaccurate information. What was posted on his bureau reports was not inaccurate, it was true, I just don't see the benefit in lying like that, someday it may come back to bite him in the ass, then what? Will it have been worth it in the end?

6. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion. I wonder if Heather's opinion would change if a credit bureau lied to her and fraudulently "validated" a charged-off account or judgment that did not belong to her? Hmmm...apparently she has not yet had the wonderful experience of dealing with the credit reporting bureaus on an extensive basis. Otherwise, I suspect her opinion might be a tad bit different.

By the way, I personally don't sanction lying to the bureaus or committing illegal acts to improve one's credit report or score; however, I do sanction making the CRAs do their job, as mandated by federal and state law. Now if that is morally wrong, then so be it. I'll gladly answer to a higher power.

7. heather

chriscraft, that is hardly here nor there, I have been fighting the bureaus that have inaccurate information posted. This is not about excercising your rights and disputing info that is wrong, I have a different opinion about that, obviously.

Even if they were validating debts that were not mine, I still would not think it would be right to do what this poster has. Oh well, such is life.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, heather

Obviously, you want to discuss Tom. Thanks, but I decline.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you are entitled to post it.

I think what I said was clear, and that is all I have to say on it.

breeze

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Morally wrong? Sigh...I guess I'll bow out of this conversation while I can do so semi-gracefully (even if that is my own opinion on myself.)

Anyway, my kitchen needs chickens and roosters and it's important that I focus on that..LOL

Our hockey team here is the Buzzards..think that would qualify as an ugly chicken for decoration?

10. chriscraft

Re: Well, heather

Having now come full circle on this argument, how about we all just go back to talking about ...

HOW TO REPAIR CREDIT (whether legally, illegally, morally, immorally....whatever approach floats your boat!)

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Well, heather

No, I want to talk about chickens, buzzards, and roosters. Give me some "credit," will ya? AHAHHA Ok, I'm really done..sorry

12. Saar

Saar Banned

I honestly couldn't care less about changing it. What I do care about is valuable posters being subject to witch-hunt and being discouraged from posting, by self-appointed moral keepers.

I have not once screwed up my credit. Please forgive me if I find it difficult to accept moral preaching from someone who has.

Saar

13. heather

Saar, Since you are so obviously perfect, maybe I should have requested your infinite wisdom to help me when I had $250,000 in medical bills I could not pay. I could either pay those or feed my kids. I guess I should have paid the medical bills first then worried about how my family was going to eat later. Or maybe I should have paid those credit card bills instead. Oh wise one, please give me more of your opinions, I don't think I could live another moment without them.

14. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I second what Saar said!

15. chriscraft

To quote a truly wonderful individual:

"Can't we all just get along?"

-Rodney King

16. chriscraft

Or was that Reginald Denny?

Ok, who cares. Can we really get back to the topic of credit repair?

17. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes, those who run out of arguments are always quick to resort to cynicism.

I'm far from being Mr Perfect. I mentioned credit history because I had found it a little odd for someone w/ your history feeling comfortable criticizing other posters' values.

You have a great rhetoric ability to present it as "it's either that or food for my kids". But have you ever stopped to think whether the original poster had identical or similar life difficulties?

Saar

18. heather

And they may have had the same kind of problems that we did, and if that is true I am very sorry for them, it is not an easy way to try and live.

I already said that I know what it is to want good credit again and want things out of life, but I don't believe going about it that way is right. What is he going to do if the cra's come back on him for this at a later date? Credit reports show the date bankruptcy was filed, it would not take much for them to figure out what was going on. I see no advantage to lying like that.

19. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Heather (and anyone else who judges me):

I never said that the debt was in bankruptcy, OK? I called them to settle the debt and was prepared to do so. However, is it my fault that they can't keep records properly? THEY are the ones that told me that it was in bankruptcy.

When I disputed the account, I told the CRA that the creditor has verified this account as included in BK. I did not ever say that I claimed it in BK.

I could give a rats a$$ about how someone judges me. If I make a mistake, I am accountable for it. Why shouldn't a creditor be held equally responsible?

Furthermore, am I really the first person to dispute a legitimate account? I think not.

And Heather, let's put you in my position for just a minute....Let's say YOU made the phone call to attempt settlement and the creditor told YOU that they have the account listed in BK. Would YOU have corrected them? If you would, you are a better person than I am, I guess, by your standards.

Recently, there have been a flurry of disputes of inquiries. Aren't those people who disputed legit inquiries just as bad as I?

Tom

20. heather

Tom, You did not say that the creditor had it in their files as a bankruptcy, I suppose if they did there was no sense in correcting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.