Yeeha! - There is a God!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Re: Yeeha! - There is a, um, chicken!

You'll have to get by my Flyers first!

Tom

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Yeeha!-There is a, um, chicken!

Tom, please understand..I think I took a pretty obvious stand on this subject here from the beginning.

Your situation is not the least bit comical to me..but I have to admit to getting a bit of humor out of someone casting morality bouquets at others as if anyone has the answers on something as abstract and subjective as morals.

I haven't met a soul yet (uh oh, I said soul) who declared bk who didn't have quite a story to tell..and a painful and sad one. There's always a story we don't understand behind it. There was behind mine..and there is behind others.

I do approach things through humor..sometimes it is because things hit so close to home or are so painful, I simply have to...hope that makes sense.

Hope I haven't offended you, Tom..I wouldn't do so for the world.

I lost my Dad very close to when you lost your Mom..I'm so very sorry!

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

LADEEEEEEEZZZZZ AND GENTLEMEN!

LADEEEEEEEZZZZZ AND GENTLEMEN!!!

IN TONIGHTS FEATURED CARD WE HAVE IN THE FAR CORNER THE ALMIGHTY GAWD AND IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER WE HAVE THE GREAT UNREPENTED SINNER!

THIS INDEED PROMISES TO BE A KNOCK DOWN DRAG-OUT FIGHT TO THE FINISH!

WHICH IS WHICH? WHO CARES??? LET THE FIGHT BEGIN

GENTLEMEN!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS FIGHT CARD WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED ACCORDING TO THE QUEENSBURY RULES.

AT THE SOUND OF THE GONG, COME OUT SWINGING!

YIKES, I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!

ROFLMAO

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Yeeha!-There is a, um, chicken!

P.S.
    Sometimes you gotta really keep your eyes out for those morality bouquets..you can slip and fall on them and bust your butt.

:>

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

My name is "Marci", not "Marie".

Because it would be moot. There would be no communication with the creditor for their benefit *or for mine*. Again, Tom, you haven't addressed the real issue Heather and I had with the thread, which is NOT how you communicated with the creditor, but rather how you communicated with the CRA.

I don't buy into a "they cheated me first, so it's okay for me to cheat them now" logic when it comes to dealing with creditors and the CRAs. I believe personal integrity is important and because another person or corporation loses his/hers doesn't give me license to do the same with mine.

Are you suggesting, then, that I'm *wrong* for stating that morality matters? Do you see the flaw in that relativistic logic? As I said earlier, if you choose to invoke God in your post title - then other posters are appropriate in saying that God (Who is the highest moral absolute in existence) does not participate in deceit.

Except... you didn't do that. You didn't just "allow a creditor to wallow in their own mistake", b/c while that would have changed internal creditor records, it wouldn't have done squat for your credit report. You went a step further and purposely gave a CRA wrong information in hopes that the CRA would report the wrong information and to your delight, the CRA did.

It's the "step further" that I (and I believe) Heather take issue with.

6. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Marci (and I did correct the post)....

I am not saying your morals are wrong by any stretch. What I am saying is that this isn't the forum for it. You are so hung up on me using God in my title (it was a figure of speach!).

You haven't addressed my issue with the various tactics used here and the hopes that creditors fail to respond to some of them.

If you dispute an entry with the hopes that the creditor fails to repsond (and that's what many do - repeatedly dispute), the entry is deleted (in many cases, these are legit entries). This is the same thing! It is the creditor's job to keep accurate records. If they can't, that's on them.

This forum is where folks discuss credit repair. If you are interested in morality, go start a "Marci's Morality Corner" thread in the off-topic forum.

Tom

7. Saar

Saar Banned

I've asked pbm to close this thread to further posts.

But while it's still open, there's something I want to say to Tom.

If you ever have valuable credit information to share with us, please don't hesitate to do so. Don't be discouraged by self-righteous people or self-appointed moral keepers, who have failed to live by the standards they preachify. As long as a post is aimed at increasing our credit knowledge (as opposed to telling others how they should live), it is very welcome here.

Saar

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Good thinking, Saar! :) Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.