YIELDING TO TEMPTATION - CHASE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

A couple weeks back, investigation results came back from Transunion and my paid charge off is gone! YIPPY! (Experian had taken it off too but they've put it back on.) But TUC has come through. Yesterday, I checked my TUC report on Worth Knowing and the bad mark is still deleted.

Even though my TUC report isn't perfect...I still have a year and a half old late pay...I couldn't resist applying for a Chase Mastercard. Roni, I think you said you went for the smart card, so that's what I chose.

There was no instant decision. After my application was submitted, a message came back saying that I would receive a response within 30 days. The suspense may kill me!

If I get the Chase card, I'll really start to believe that my credit is improving. If not, I'll continue my resolve to trudge forward.

Happy new year to each of you. May this be the year we all conquer our credit problems.

Donna

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

RE: YIELDING TO TEMPTATION - C

Are you talking about the SHOP NOW CARD, or did Chase come out with a SMART CARD?

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks for catching me, Doug. Yes, I misspoke. The shop now card was what I applied for and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get it.

You know how it is, probably. I don't really need the card but I want it. That way, I can cancel some of my lesser cards. Roni said this one was pretty easy to get so I hope I have the success she had.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Only thing about Chase - I would say they are the slowest to get an answer. They mean the full 30 days. Good Luck Donna.