Yippeee! Approved at last!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 30, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I finally got a retail card!! Target. Whooo Hooo! It's only the minimum but I'm satisfied considering they denied me right off the back. Thanks to all of you for the advice.

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great for you....!! ;-)

Sorry to have to ask you this.... I haven't been on the board in a while.... What did you do to get approved?

MartysGirl

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats to you mother of two:)

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats Mother! They are a great store to shop with for lots of things.
    I have had them for years.
    c ya dogman

5. mother2

Thanks

All I did was explain to them the reason my credit went bad. Then when the supe went over my CR she noticed that all of my bad credit was around the same time....(I'd divorce the SOB). Soooo she override my denial. Basically I just pleaded my case. I didn't care if it was $100. I just needed that chance. I like Target better than Walmart....no offense all you Walmart shoppers.

6. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks

Thanks for the info ...

Do you have any other cards?? Do you know what your scores was??

MartysGirl

7. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I started out with a crappy $200 limit 13 mos ago.
    Two increase so far with a whopping $100 each time.
    Auto phone increase no report needed.

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations, mother. I am so happy for you. You have been working so hard and it is paying off!!! :)

9. mother2

Thanks Miles....you've been tracking my results well! Always good to hear from you. Yes, finally. Now as I promised MOMOF3, I'm on the bandwagon.

MartysGirl, my score was 579 (I knew it had dropped due to the fact I'd maxed out all 3 of my CCs) But in 2 weeks it went up to 586. I'm sure this with the help of Junum. Also, I just paid off 2 cc in full so I'm sure by the time it posts, I would have gone up a few more points. But the lady called me back and told me when she re-entered my app it was automatically approved. Hmmmmm. I'm just happy I got my retail card. I know it's not Macy's but I'm probably better off. I can do some SERIOUS DAMAGE in Macy's.LOL

10. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I'm curious. How much of a drop did you have when you maxed out your cards? I am in the same position.

Also, it would be appreciated if you would share with us the increase in your score when you get the results from paying off two of your cards.