Your the 5th person to switch AAdva

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 14, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

heh. 5th Person today to say they don't feel comfortable flying AA and wanted to switch to something else. <-- What the rep said today.

Hell no i'm not going to fly AA. I'll stick to Delta they have a pretty good record so far this year :)

2. EdG

EdG Well-Known Member

I flew AA last week to Phoenix. It wasn't bad at all. I hate flying on those old MD-80's though. I'm sticking with them although my company doesn't usually let me take AA (too expensive).

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A "FIRE SALE" ON THE CREDIT CARDS????

Maybe I could even get one...even though I am on their NEVER list...

4. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Maybe this would be a good time to get that annual fee on the AAdvantage cards waived. Anybody ever manage to do that?

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if I combine the AAdvantage and Platinum Select card (to keep just the Plat card)...and then 6 months from now want to get another AAdvantage card, will I keep all my accrued milage etc. so far? Is there a period of time I have to keep the card in order to keep the bonus miles I earned during signup?

I would assume it dumps into your AA mileage account and then I can transfer the AA mileage # to the new AAdvantage card. If so, I will combine and keep just the Plat Select for a while.

-Peace, Dave

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

<<bump>> -Dave

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dave:

It's usually a monthly dump with awards cards. Shortly after your bill cuts, they sent the mileage/stay points to your FF/FS program.

I think you'll be ok. I think you could even apply within 60 days, but I'm not sure.

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Well I called yesterday and the bonus miles for my application from early September have not shown up...they also had only about 500 miles even though I charged about 3K last month. I just paid it off, maybe they were waiting to see if I was paying before crediting the miles. I am considering doin the combine though anyway. Then re-apply for a new AA card when congress decides how to word this airline saftey bill.

-Peace, Dave

9. Jeff

Jeff Guest

In July I was approved for an AA gold and converted it to an AA plat. select world MC before I received or activated it. Noticed that I wasn't credited the bonus miles for the gold card app. Called Citi last night and was told that I did not get the bonus miles for the gold AA because it wasn't activated before the conversion and I could not have the bonus miles for the world card because I received that through a conversion which I understand. They should give me the miles from the gold AA approval. I did apply for an AA card with bonus miles and converted to an AA card which offered bonus miles as well. I expect to get the miles on a future call to CS.

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thats what I am afraid of. I am going to call tomorrow as well, and find out when the miles from the bonus offer are posted.

-Peace, Dave

11. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Hope all goes well for you.