Ziinet - Online Bankruptcy Kit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by topazmoon, Oct 13, 2001.

1. topazmoon

topazmoon Well-Known Member

Has anyone used or had experience with Ziinet (www.ziinetplus.com) in filling out and filing their own bankruptcy papers?

Thanks in advance!!

Cynthia

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

As far as a BK goes, I would not go the do-it-yourself route. Through the BK process, there can be some unexpected situations. I was glad I had my attorney to call to do the work to take care of those.

I have no experience with this company, do they have any support in case you get stuck or have problems?

3. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

Please hire an attorney to do your bankruptcy. I filed a pro se petition in 1992, and inadvertently left something off. I was able to get it straightened up. Some companies, for instance, WILL NOT allow you to reaffirm, and an attorney may be a little more versed in this, or at least make phone calls to find out. The trustee who did my case was a joke.

cariba

4. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

I agree with the last two posters. I myself tried this route when I filed. That was the fastest money I ever blew. The lawyer I later retained charged something like $300 and let me file with about $150 paid. At this price the lawyer provided basically litle legal advice but in Ch7 circumstances you really don't need any. Your filing or your not. My only problem I had was creditors harassing me with phone calls. He told me to redirect all calls to him.
    I found this lawyer in the Thrifty Nickel or some other like paper. You'll find plenty of lawyers that will take payment plans.