Zions Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2244y, Sep 7, 2001.

1. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Hi all,anyone heard of this bank?I got eamil from Webmiles yesterday,Zions Bank now issues Webmile credit card and DMB doesn't issue Webmile credit card anymore.The term for the new Webmile credit card seems pretty good;11.5%APR for Webmile Platinum ,just let you guys know this.

2. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I went looking for money market information on bankrate.com and saw their bank there, i looked at their website, but besides that i never really heard from them.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Definitely not a subprime bank. Based in Salt Lake City, and long associated with the Mormon Church; hence the name "Zion."

Now it's just another regional bank.

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

http://www.zionsbank.com/resources/faq_answers.html#az1

Zions Bancorporation
    One South Main, Suite 1380
    Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Zions Savings Bank and Trust Company was founded in Utah in 1873 by Brigham Young, an early President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1957, the Company merged with First National Bank of Salt Lake City and became known as Zions First National Bank. In April 1960, the LDS Church sold the controlling stock in the Company to Keystone Insurance and Investment Co., under the direction of Roy W. Simmons, our current Chairman of the Board. On April 23, 1965, Keystoneâ??s name was changed to Zions Bancorporation. The name was subsequently changed to Zions Utah Bancorporation on September 10, 1965. In 1966, the first public offering of Zions Utah Bancorporation common stock was made, consisting of a sale of shares by existing shareholders. In April 1987, Zions Utah Bancorporation changed its name to Zions Bancorporation. Under local management teams and community identities, Zions Bancorporation presently operates full-service banking offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Washington. It also offers a comprehensive array of investment, mortgage, insurance, and electronic commerce services and is a leader in providing innovative financing solutions for small businesses nationwide. Zions common shares are traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol â??ZIONâ?.