Innovis - File your FTC complaint

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pat, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I've been following the thread on innovis and decided to file an FTC complaint. I dug all the information out of this thread and put it here to make it easier for anyone who wants to do the same.

FTC complaint site

Fill in info:
    Subject of Your Complaint: credit reports
    Name of Company You Are Complaining About: innovis
    Street Address: 950 Threadneedle, Suite 200
    City: Houston
    State or Canadian Province:Texas
    Zip Code or Postal Code: 77079
    Company Web Site: http://www.innovis-cbc.com/
    Company E-Mail Address: productsales@innovis-cbc.com
    Phone Number: 877-466-6847
    Explain Your Problem: (Please limit your complaint to 2000 characters.)

Something along the lines of this:
    I have never been contacted by innovis. I am writing to complain about the fact that they refuse to provide the consumer with a copy of the credit report that they have on file despite the fact that they claim to be FCRA compliant. Under the FCRA, I, as a consumer, have the right to dispute inaccurate information contained in my Consumer Credit Report. Innovis' refusal to provide me with a copy of my credit report that they keep on file, violates my rights as a consumer. What I would like from Innovis, is a copy of my consumer credit report, that they maintain on me, and an opportunity to review it for it's accuracy, as are my rights.

Thank you. for your time.
    I changed my text a little from this to make it unique, so the FTC doesn't think they are getting spammed.

Before anyone yells at me:
    Explain your problem text is from Erica
    Address and Phone is from betacredit
    Email address is from G. Fisher off of his website

If you find any errors in the above, please post them. I don't want to perpetuate erroneous info.

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Great Job Pat. I used the same information in your post for my complaint. I haven't heard anything from the FTC yet, but I did use my NY address and won't get anything until next week. Damn forwarding. I forwarded it to the wrong address and it won't let me change it to here online! hehe. I don't even know where the Post Office is around here. LOL

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Thanks Erica :)

I've filed a previous FTC complaint on Experian and only gotten a generic form letter and FCRA attachment. It was about a month ago, haven't heard a thing since and don't expect to.

They need a more proactive FCRA arm of the FTC to deal with these guys. A big hammer so to speak :)

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Innovis - File your FTC complai

Just filed mine©

Saar

5. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Mine is filed.

6. Hermit5

Hermit5 Well-Known Member

Just filed.

Thanks.

7. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

Filed (a second complaint) after just speaking again with Innovid "consumer relations". They gave me such BS!!

8. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of trying to get my CR from them. I'm waiting for a response, If it's not the right one, I'll file a TX & OH AG complaint along with the proof. And a second one to the FTC.

9. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

bbbump

10. CredtQuest

CredtQuest Well-Known Member

Here's my letter (just for extra variations):

I'm writing to complain about Innovis. Although they freely admit they are a credit bureau, and to my knowledge they actively solict credit information on consumers from such banking institutions as Bank of America, they refuse to give me a copy of my credit report, even though I have offered to pay for it. Isn't this a violation of the FCRA? Under the FCRA, I, as a consumer, have the right to dispute inaccurate information contained in my Consumer Credit Report. Innovis' refusal to provide me with a copy of my credit report that they keep on file, violates my rights as a consumer. I have had problems with my credit report due to an incident of identity theft, and I am concerned that Innovis's files contain inaccurate information. I would like the opportunity to correct my report.

Just filed it!

11. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

CQ, Nice variation!

Here's my reply from Innovis on my request for how I can get my credit report from them.
    --------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting Innovis Data Solutions in regards to your personal credit information. We are developing a credit database and currently Innovis Data Solutions does not provide on-line credit reports to businesses where you apply for credit, insurance, or employment. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-540-2505.

You may also contact Innovis Data Solutions in writing. Our mailing address is:
    Innovis Data Solutions
    Consumer Relations
    PO Box 219297
    Houston TX 77218-9297

If you prefer, you may fax us at 281-504-2594.

Thank you.

Innovis Data Solutions
    Consumer Relations
    -----------------------------------
    wtf? I think I need to collect all the evidence I have in one place and start my TX AG complaint thread :)

12. NiceGuy

Nice that they state we don't supply "on-line" credit reports...must be any other format is acceptable? NOT!!!

Join the coalition to bankrupt Innovis!!!!

(Equifax...$8, Experian...$8, TransUnion...$8, Getting your Innovis report...PRICELESS)

13. mome2em

mome2em Member

I just filed mine!

mome2em
    :0)

14. NiceGuy

Anyone heard back from the FTC yet on these complaints? Do they typically email or snail mail?

15. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

My response was via email. Not much info, some FCRA attachments and a form letter. Thats it.