Canceling CreditExpert

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by judyputy, Jun 15, 2001.

1. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

BEWARE that it's kinda hard to get the sucker canceled if you signed up for it. I couldn't figure it out so I had to e-mail them. Even thier instructions were wrong and it took me quite a while to figure out where to go. Here's the scoop:

Go to your customized home page (where your score shows)
    Click on MY PROFILE
    Go to the bottom of the page...
    Right above SUBMIT and CANCEL, there's a tiny line that says
    VIEW MY SUBSCRIPTION ACCOUNTS..click that
    Click on Cancel my account
    A confirmation page will show...
    Pick Cancel my account again...

That will then take you to a messed up page that's under construction or something....it WON'T cancel your account. It's a flub or something. SO you end up having to cancel my phone at 1-800-767-6864. I plan to call in the morning. I will also call several times to make sure it's cancelled.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Crooks.

Well then, it's a good thing I've used an Amex Private Payment number, it expires at the end of the month so if they try to charge it after I cancel, it wouldn't go through.

Saar

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't realize the private payments worked that way. Cool. I haven't been using it, but I think I will start.

breeze

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Judy,
    Thank you so much for the heads up...that really helps! Sorry you had that problem!

5. river

river Well-Known Member

Saar and breeze,"private payment" has resolved alot of fear I was having with some of the businesses where you have to give a credit card number for service.Breeze ,I would check it out,it's awsome.

6. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Judyputy, did you have any problems cancelling?

7. judyputy

I still have not been able to cancel. The online site cuts off at the dummy web page and they won't answer the phone.

Maybe because it's a weekend. I will try again Monday morning. Good thing I am not waiting until the lasy minute to do this. I would have a fat $79.00 charge on my CC.

8. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Alas I don't have a real Amex account but I do have the next best thing. The 7-11 conveniance stores carry the 7-11 Gift Card by American Express. You give them $25 to $1000 and you get a card with the Amex Blue Box logo goo for use at 98% of places that take Amex cards! The nice thing is I can give out that number because it's not tied to my name or address and if there's only $3 left on the card, oop! I then don'thave to worry about Shady Max's Fly by Night Internet Store trying to rip me off. Plus, if someone else like thta yahoo who stole the 100s of credit card numbers from CDNOW strikes again, I don't care, I can just get another card.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Judy!!

-Dave

10. judyputy

Okay, I finally got it cancelled. But it took a call and two days for it to cancel.

So, my advice is don't wait until the last minute or you could have a $79.95 charge on your account!!

11. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I just went there -- it's pretty cool. I like all of the monitoring tools ... and especially the CREDIT SCORE simulator -- talk about de-mystifying FICO!!! Now I can see what will make the most impact.

I'll debate for a few weeks whether to keep it or not.

mj

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Judy,
    I tried that # and it says:

beep boop bop "please check the # and dial again"

Rut roh! I smell an $80 charge on CC soon :) I have searched their site and get no 800# except a hearing impaired TTY line. So I guess I will try and cancel online without knowing my exact start date - just cancel it now. Any one know if the 800# has been changed?

-Dave

PS. found it on their website only after you login and go to your account it says:

Questions?
    Email us,
    or call
    1-800-787-6864

Oh well no contact via phone huh...Im sending an email. Ill let y'all know the response.

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i used my paypal atm card it has a buck on it. they don't auth more than a buck, so they can't legally charge me more than a buck, or i can charge back the amount (less a buck).

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

DOH !!!!!

Actually now that I look at the number on the website there was a 6 where an 8 was (2 different numbers on 2 different pages) and I could not see the slight change in the number on the final cancellation page (if 6 were 8 :)...I tried the 1800-787-6864 # and it is connected...anyway the online cancellation seemed to work so I will let you know if I see an $80 charge or if cancellation worked as expected.

-Dave