To Reshod - Thank you!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Sep 26, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey Reshod!!!

Thanks for your thread

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...php?s=&postid=64816&highlight=chase#post64816

I applied for a classic Chase Visa last week, was denied for too many recent inquiries on my TU report (7 in the last 6 months, 11 in the last year), and wrote them via PFB for a reconsideration after reading about your success in this thread. I don't know what my credit score is since they wouldn't tell me, but in August the "lender's" score was 664 and last month my consumer score was 677.

I found out that I was approved today. But, like you, the credit limit was ridiculous at $500! (My lowest current limit, Providian, is at 3K...)

Anyway, I immediately called their credit dept. (1-800-648-5588) for a credit line increase. They told me they'd have an answer in 7-10 business days.

Did you have any success in getting your limit increased from the initial $1000? Did they pull a hard inquiry to do it?

Thanks,

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Congrats Marci

I did not have any success in increasing the limit, because they want to do a hard inquiry.

It is nice to see that PFB is working so greatly.

I havent had any success via PFB with Citi, Amex, or Discover.

But I will pull a George and let the Amex Green sit in a drawer and collect dust!!!

Good Luck

and please keep me posted

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Planetfeedback is the best thing I've ever seen when it comes to negotiations with your creditors. It works better than calling them on the phone.

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Reshod,

Thank you for your warm wishes. You should let them pull the hard inquiry if you really need the increased limit for balance:limit ratios.

I called Chase today to find out whether they raised my $500 limit. I told them that Providian was my lowest limit card at $3000 and had hoped that Chase would at least match that limit, since I wanted to close Providian. Apparently, the Chase rep put that in her notes - because they did! That $500 is now $3000. Yeah, my TU has taken a big hit with inquiries, but I'll get over it in a few months.

If the debt utilization issue is important to you, then let them do it.

Thanks again for your first post. Had you not posted, I never would have applied and written PFB.

Thanks,