Unknown...The Saga Continues

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kbanger, Aug 29, 2002.

1. kbanger

kbanger Well-Known Member

Please let me apologize first, I did a search for unknown late dates being reported and only found one thread. If there are any other please point me in the right direction.

I also know that the 23 and so forth times 90 day lates has also been discussed, if anyone has found a working strategy on these please let me know.

One more thing, We all know a record is inaccurate if they do not report when something went past due, so exactly what can I do about it?

Let me know. Thanks everyone!

2. whyspers

whyspers Well-Known Member

I had this happen with Equifax and did not want to approach the bank that had furnished the information. I disputed the first time and one of the late pays came of, but I was left with 1 30 day, 1 60 day and 3 unknown dates (I think this is what was left...or may have just been 1 30 day and 3 unknowns. I then disputed again. I can dig out the letters I sent and email them to you if you like. Not sure what did it, but they removed *all* of the lates.

L

3. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

I called EQ to dispute over the phone, and less than 30 days later the tradeline was POSITIVE!!! All unknown lates and dated lates were removed. Charlie

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A LATE DATE MUST BE A SPECIFIC DATE (100% ACCURATE)..."UNKNOWN" IS NOT 100% ACCURATE!!!

5. kbanger

whyspers, my email is on and ready to receive thanks.

6. kbanger

Charlie, although some of the lates are true for me where any of them true for you and how exactly did you tell them

7. Diane143

Diane143 Well-Known Member

I would like the anwser to thsese questions also. After I disputed " not my husbands account" , three unknown lates were ADDED to this account. (One 60 , one 30) We have not made any payments to this creditor for over a year because they sold the loan to another company and we have been paying the loan through the second company. I do not even know if these lates are true. Either way 'How can they report unknown dates a year after the fact?"

8. charlieslex

I think that they were all valid. I told them that there weren't any dates and if she knew what date is UNKNOWN. She then said it would be investigated. There are a few people on the board, that I know of, that have disputed the unknown dates, and I believe that everyone has had them deleted. The 3 lates with dates are the same 3 that were on EX and TU. That makes me think that the OC sent it in as unknown dates, and EX and TU don't put anything on the reports with unknown dates. Charlie

9. rblues

rblues Well-Known Member

I'm confused :)

Doesn't everyone have unknown lates because they just state the following:

30 days past due 00 times, 60 days past due 01 times, 90+ days past due three times.

Or does your report actually have to state "Unknown Date" in order to dispute unknown date?

10. kbanger

If you look at your score power on EQ and get the more information on your tl this is what you get:

Seven Year Payment History
    30 days late: 0 60 days late: 0 90+ days late: 21
    21 unknown dates

11. kbanger

bump

12. Diane143

Are we all talking about the same thing here "unknown lates" or "unknown dates"? Are they one in the same because I actually have some unknown dates but they have nothing to do with deroggs. Will an "unknown Date" impact a score?

13. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Espcecially when how recent the late is plays a part in your score and a lender's decision on whether to approve you or not.

14. rblues

rblues Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm going to delve a little deeper now. :)

15. kbanger

RBlues,
    I called EQ today and they said, we cannot possibly list all those dates, that is why we do it that way. Well that way is not accurate. I am still planning out my strategy. I know alot of us have this problem. So Credinetters unite. (Always wanted to say that!)

16. Diane143

I suspect thier is more to it than having too many lates and not being able to list them all. My husband started out with 3, 30 days lates and the then the ones added were 1,30 day and 1,60 day in which they cannot come up with a date. Are six lates with dates being listed too much for them? I think not.

17. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

18. kbanger

so sassy the dispute should be for completeness huh?, otherwise delete

19. charlieslex

You're so smart Sassy! I'm glad the medication is helping with the Parkinson's. ;) Charlie

20. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy charlie ;-)

I just didn't realize you were reading along! That always kicks my parkinsons into high gear, LOL

kbanger,

Completeness if you want to take on TU's system at large, that's what Greg and Jambe are doing. It trickles down to individual files as not accurate or complete or verifiable.

How can you be xx days late on an unknown date?

I've been a lot of things on unknown dates, he he he, but never late!

Sassy